Pressure in Radiators again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've looked at all the other posts but can't work this out. I have bled the radiators and went to re-pressurise the system (I believe it is a closed system). The make is a Glow Worm Micron gas boiler. The tap at the top right of the picture with a pressure guage on it only lets pressure out of the system to the back yard. Would it be possible that:

a: it is not a sealed system and should repressurise itself?
b: the fill loop is actually in the loft?

Oops, can't seem to post the picture.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have asked for the picture to be added.

Yes, there is a red barrel - pretty small, which is teed off below the pump and which is on the same pipe as the pressure release tap.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that helps a good bit then. Any idea where the fill loop might be, I think I read somewhere that it is sometimes removed after installation, but surely this can't be right? And is it likely that it is in the loft?

wouldnt of thought it be in a too inconvenient place. would expect it to be within close proximity to the pressure gauge.look for two stubbs of pipe that doesnt seem to be leading anywhere.

That's what I was thinking. I am not near the boiler now so I can't check but tomorrow I will look again, I definitely can't see a loop although the documentation does say a built-in loop is in the micron - so perhaps it is behind a panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back