Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A radiator in my bathroom was not heating up at the top so I bleed the radiator. Now the whole central heating and water does not work. I think this is down to the pressure within the system, does this sound about right? If so is this an easy thing for me to fix or is it best to call in a plumber? (I have a Worcester 24CDi, which is about 5 years old)

Sponsored Links
Easy if you have the plastic Key - see the instructions on the WB site.

Be careful to avoid pulling down on the charging link valve knob when turning it, or you risk permanently grunging the spindle and/or the knob.

Sponsored Links
Sarah,

Your installer should have left a plastic 'Filling Key' which is used to top up the system. If you inherited the system when you bought the house then it may have gone missing.

As ChrisR has said, have a look at the WB (Worcester-Bosch) Web Site.

Here's the link to your Boiler.

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/index.php?fuseaction=product.literature&con_id=5056

Click on User Instructions & Customer Care Guide for details on filling. Its page 5 (which appears upside down on the pdf on the site). Its best if you print out the document. The Filling point is underneath the boiler. You may need to remove a panel to get access to the Filling Loop. Once you have access, you insert the Filling Key and turn and allow the system to re-pressurise to about 1.5bar on the pressure dial then turn the key to stop filling (just follow the instructions on the link. But be careful of the point Softus is making above.

If you haven't got the Filling Key you could try contacting Worcester-Bosch and ask if they'll send you one. Not sure how long that would take to arrive. You could try a trip to a local Plumb Centre, Bat your eye lashes, Smile Sweetly :D and ask if they have a spare you can borrow until your replacement arrives. The key normally comes in the box with the boiler so I'm not sure they will have one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back