boiler price to trade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do u guys get a trade discount when buying a boiler that you are going to fit for a customer?
ie. a WB boiler ri12 quoted at about £800 for Joe Public, would your price be lower and then reflects in the overall price including fitting?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Some of my accounts I get up to 10% some I get price match and some I get nothing.

We get a bit of discount but not much - the age of the Internet has wiped out most of the advantage of a trade account. I add 20% onto the cost of all my materials, so I probably work out the same price or even a bit more expensive than a customer supplying their own kit, but the difference is that if I supply it I'll provide my customer with some free backup if it goes wrong, whereas if a customer supplies it they're on their own unless they want to pay for my time investigating the issue. They might also find themselves paying extra for wasted time if they haven't purchased all the bits required. I wouldn't ever inflict a WB on one of my customers though, unless I really didn't like them...

Sponsored Links
I used to work at a plumbers merchants. They made just under 10% on a boiler but made about 200% on end feed fittings.

The amount of trade suppliers for boilers is quite limited this ensures an unofficial rrp. Pretty much everyone will be within £10-£30 of each other. It has to sell for x amount to pay for the warranties. You think of the cost for a RGI, minimum say 4-5k you have to shell out a year before you can fit 1 boiler. Those costs have to be recouped somehow.

Thanks Mr Benchmark. What is the £4k that the rgi has to spend annually that u refer to?

Thanks Mr Benchmark. What is the £4k that the rgi has to spend annually that u refer to?
Registration fees, requalification fees every five years, van insurance, van tax, van MoT, public liability insurance, indemnity insurance etc etc

Registration
Vehicles
Tools
Insurance
Training
Accounting
Phones
Office
Uniform
Sundry materials

And more

I wish my baseline cost was only £4k a year :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back