Boiler Pricing Quote.......doing it remotely?

Didn't mean to twist your words, I was just taking them into context because if that was the real case then maybe in the future I shouldn't just base price as the deciding factor. But yeah I can see what you mean.

Put it this way, you will know the 'right' way to do a job. I technically dont because I am not in this line of work, hence why I use this forum. I most definitely have the untrained eye, so I have no respectable opinion on what is and isnt going to be the right way to carry out a job.

seems like I have hit a nerve with the people who actually know what they are on about in this regard. I never said that I was expecting the best install in the world to be carried out at the cheapest possible price. I just said that I obviously took my time and effort to try and find something in the middleground but apparently that is frowned upon in this sector.

if i asked the people who thought 15 quotes was unnecessary how many quotes they got for their home insurance or remortgage etc then I guarantee you everyone's number is going to be different, so it would only be right to label the person with the highest number a timewaster? just seems like such a negative attitude towards doing business.

But yeah guess thats just the timewasters opinion.

The reason you can get 15 quotes from, using your example Home Insurers, is that their actuaries have already developed a formula/calculation based on the information that you give them. It is your time that is used not theirs. The computer is able to generate an instantaneous quote.

I have a loyal customer base and most of them trust me and the advice I give them.

Any tyre-kickers who call me don't usually get past their second question....

Sponsored Links
But then the cheapest quote I had which I eventually went with was a 'Vaillant Advance' installer, to which I got 7 instead of 5 years warranty. None of the others had that benefit. So surely I must have had a decent installer if they get that accreditation?

It takes any RGI minutes to register on Vaillant's scheme. To stay on it, just install their boilers no matter how poorly. They thrive on cr"p installs it works as follows.

You choose their accredited installer who offers a long warranty so as to wipe his hands of faults and give them to the maufacturer.

The manufacturer gets called out under warranty and swiftly points out the cr*p install, then offer a cheap repair if you sign up to their breakdown scheme. They even suggest inadequate servicing in the knowledge it will increase the chance of early failures.

By definition, if you keep getting quotes, you will eventually find someone who is sh1tter than all the rest.

Sponsored Links
"The reason you can get 15 quotes from, using your example Home Insurers, is that their actuaries have already developed a formula/calculation based on the information that you give them. It is your time that is used not theirs. The computer is able to generate an instantaneous quote.

I have a loyal customer base and most of them trust me and the advice I give them.

Any tyre-kickers who call me don't usually get past their second question...."

Going out on a bit of a limb here, Awowen, but is your second question -

"Are you a tyre-kicker?.........."

image.jpg

"The reason you can get 15 quotes from, using your example Home Insurers, is that their actuaries have already developed a formula/calculation based on the information that you give them. It is your time that is used not theirs. The computer is able to generate an instantaneous quote.

Any tyre-kickers who call me don't usually get past their second question...."

Going out on a bit of a limb here, Awowen, but is your second question -

"Are you a tyre-kicker?.........."

No just a very good radar . Works for me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back