Does This Price Sound Okay (Combi Boiler Replacement)?

ChrisR wrote:
Ain't it funny how the people who have all day to spend on here, are the ones who say how little it should cost, and are the ones who aren't capable of doing the job themselves.
They just resort to google, still get it wrong, and tell everyone else how easy it is.

Joe-90 said:
If gasgas can do it for £200 per day - then why can't you? Weren't you bragging a while back about making £700 a day on landlord certs and getting back for tea?

No, don't think so.

But it they're close enough together, that's about the going rate.
If you don't like that, Tough. Nothing Bragging about it, so wise up.

It's supply and demand. We work to make money, not to be as cheap as possible.
Most rgis wouldn't fit a boiler for £200 even if it were a single day, there's no need to. I certainly wouldn't.

Even if you won't Joe there's no shortage pf customers who will pay £700 + the boiler, it's still massively undercutting BG etc etc.

So get over your own limitations, you sound silly telling other people what they should charge, for a job you can't do.
If you ever bothered to learn enough you could even do the job yourself.

Mate drives trains, £50kpa, just for sitting in a train, for similar hours. Plus sick pay Plus pension Plus cheap travel, holidays and flexible hours. No overheads, no whining customers, no bad payers, no callbacks, no calls in the middle of the night.

Sponsored Links
Chris makes good points, my prices are high because its bloody hard work..and I am not talking about the physical side either..dealing with merchants and their supply chain issues even for humble flue fittings, gaining knowledge, knowing regulations, organising things to actually happen, are all skills not required by the average office worker.. when you employ an independent RGI you are employing a highly skilled and motivated individual...We are worth every penny....

and then there are the customers..... ;)

Because it isn't the same work FFS.

I've just come back from the local pool and Leisure Centre. Do you think they've got a fookin combi in the back room and the local short course gas bod looks after it? The boiler sounds like an aircraft taking off. Bet it's got at least a 28mm gas pipe. :rolleyes:

So I can charge say £100 an hour for a commercial customer and that's ok, but then I can only charge say £20.00 an hour for a domestic customer ? Surely my time is worth what my time is worth regardless of the customer ? How is moving a radiator piped in 15mm copper 1m to the left any different in a commercial setting than it is in a domestic ? In fact it's probably an easier job in a commercial premesis as they are less likely to have a fluffy white carpet so looking at it that way I should probably charge the commercial customer less.

Where do you think commercial customers get their money from, that's right the consumer, those domestic customers that should pay less in your book.

As per usual your arguments are illogical and flawed.

Instead of evading questions why not answer them ?

Because it isn't the same work FFS.

I've just come back from the local pool and Leisure Centre. Do you think they've got a fookin combi in the back room and the local short course gas bod looks after it? The boiler sounds like an aircraft taking off. Bet it's got at least a 28mm gas pipe. :rolleyes:

So I can charge say £100 an hour for a commercial customer and that's ok, but then I can only charge say £20.00 an hour for a domestic customer ? Surely my time is worth what my time is worth regardless of the customer ? How is moving a radiator piped in 15mm copper 1m to the left any different in a commercial setting than it is in a domestic ? In fact it's probably an easier job in a commercial premesis as they are less likely to have a fluffy white carpet so looking at it that way I should probably charge the commercial customer less.

Where do you think commercial customers get their money from, that's right the consumer, those domestic customers that should pay less in your book.

As per usual your arguments are illogical and flawed.

Instead of evading questions why not answer them ?

The work isn't the same though is it? It's not a little combi in the big hotel.

Sponsored Links
Chris makes good points, my prices are high because its bloody hard work..and I am not talking about the physical side either..dealing with merchants and their supply chain issues even for humble flue fittings, gaining knowledge, knowing regulations, organising things to actually happen, are all skills not required by the average office worker.. when you employ an independent RGI you are employing a highly skilled and motivated individual...We are worth every penny....

I'm gonna have to laff. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You are all short course chancers. Are you time served? do you have a degree? You can't even diagnose faults. The forum is full of your exploits.
Many aren't even DIY standard. Others are charlatans and cheats.

Don't kid yourself mate - you aint nothing special.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's a very sweeping statement, is re washering a tap in a hotel any different to re washering a tap in a house. Think about it.

Oh I thought you did a bit more than that. I thought you looked after the giant boilers in industry. Sorry about that. My mistake. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna have to laff. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You are all short course chancers. Are you time served? do you have a degree? You can't even diagnose faults. The forum is full of your exploits.
Many aren't even DIY standard. Others are charlatans and cheats.

Don't kid yourself mate - you aint nothing special.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Joe you really are a b e l l e n d :)

That's a very sweeping statement, is re washering a tap in a hotel any different to re washering a tap in a house. Think about it.

Oh I thought you did a bit more than that. I thought you looked after the giant boilers in industry. Sorry about that. My mistake. :rolleyes:

Come back when you can respond to peoples points instead of evading everything that challenges your flawed out look on the world.

It's not flawed - it's just you that doesn't like having your butt kicked - yet again. :mrgreen:

Yet to find any evidence of these butt kickings other than your own deluded ramblings about issuing them.

With any luck the mods will notice yet another pointless thread and lock it down.

You really are total cock.

When the argument is lost - the abuse begins. :rolleyes:

Yes you lost it threads and threads ago, but you carry on with your delusions. The sport of showing you up is getting a little tiresome. But as long as you keep muddying the waters for those asking questions, I guess we'll have to continue to shoot you down again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

You can claim all the victories and butt kickings you like. Just makes you look even more pathetic seeing as you are not even worth the going rate in your own trade - by your own admission..

Property is what I do. I do lots of stuff, but I don't overcharge. I don't advertise or have big overheads. Most have been customers for decades.

BTW Dan - you haven't corrected anything that I've said, you only imagine that you have,

£3000 for a boiler change is extortionate.

I paid less than that for a 10 rad boiler and system in London.

Not sure how anyone can say otherwise given the detailed estimate the OP gave us from the firm. The job is a basic replacement ffs!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back