Does This Price Sound Okay (Combi Boiler Replacement)?

Sponsored Links
About £50 for a call out, about £35 profit. If I'm there a long time - I drop the price.

There are vans and electronic devices that are necessary, and others that are status symbols. I run a perfectly good 10 year old van that obviously costs very much less than a shiny new computer-ridden money pit van. I don't have a fancy mobile that does internet and facebook. And I don't have shareholders and managers who don't generate income. So my costs are less and I am happy and so is the customer who gets the same boiler from me as he does from BG, but at about half the cost.

Sponsored Links
Do I need to? :confused:
Depends whether credibility is important to you. I choose not to reveal my financial details, and thus refrain from making any financial claims.
I do make technical claims, and can back up everything I say by quoting relevant documentation e.g. GSIUR, British Standards

Making claims without producing verifiable proof = zero credibility.

I'll wait for Dan to prove his £84 and hour then. Let's see his credibility rating.

I'll wait for Dan to prove his £84 and hour then. Let's see his credibility rating.
As per usual, you hide behind someone else.
YOU asked for details, so YOU should give them first. Apart from the principle of it, we all know your alarm company only exists in your fantasies, and therefore you will NEVER provide proof.

Ain't it funny how the people who have all day to spend on here, are the ones who say how little it should cost, and are the ones who aren't capable of doing the job themselves.
They just resort to google, still get it wrong, and tell everyone else how easy it is.

As per usual, you hide behind someone else.
YOU asked for details, so YOU should give them first. Apart from the principle of it, we all know your alarm company only exists in your fantasies, and therefore you will NEVER provide proof.

I'll provide proof when you do. How much do you charge per hour? Alarms are only one of the things I do. Property is the name of my game. ;)

Ain't it funny how the people who have all day to spend on here, are the ones who say how little it should cost, and are the ones who aren't capable of doing the job themselves.
They just resort to google, still get it wrong, and tell everyone else how easy it is.

If gasgas can do it for £200 per day - then why can't you? Weren't you bragging a while back about making £700 a day on landlord certs and getting back for tea?

Well if you are £50 an hour, why are my local alarm people £80?

And 70% profit? Isn't that a rip off? Perhaps, perhaps not. I don't know Gasgas' business arrangements. You don't know mine. But I notice no one has still answered my question; unless you want 70% to be your answer in which base I can happily brand you a thieving barsteward too.

Not quite sure why you want me to prove my £84 per hour? It is what my hourly company's hourly rate is. We reduce it down for half day, whole day, 5 day rates as applicable which brings hte hourly rate down too; but I fail to see the relevance.

Relevance means nothing to people desperatly trying to win a loosing argument.

Being unafraid to answer your question Dan I work on a 50% margin. That's gross for those that understand the difference. As a one man band that made me a living so I've never seen a reason to change it. Most of my business is repeat and/or word of mouth, make of that what you will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back