Does This Price Sound Okay (Combi Boiler Replacement)?

Cheers Rick. And nothing to be be ashamed of (unless you charge £150 and hour of course ;) ).

My margin is a little less than that, but I do get a squeaky bum when the spreadsheet hits 25% GROSS. Depends a lot on cash flow too though - because of course any good business should hold cash to remain liquid. Which reminds me - have to write a couple of reports.

Sponsored Links
I can understand a commercial enterprise that does a lot of commercial/industrial work charging that sort of amount, but not a local guy that fixes household boilers for pensioners.

There should be a two tier system whereby people like gasgas can do the domestic stuff economically and the others can do the commercial stuff.

The government should pass a law that says that all tradespeople who advertise must show their hourly rate. Then you'd see the prices coming down.

Why on earth should you charge more per hour for a commercial customer than a domestic ? By that argument you should ask each customer for their last tax return/p60 before you invoice them so you know what to charge :rolleyes:

Because they want a VAT registered ISO 9001, 24 hour multiple engineers on call type outfit. Someone has to pay for that.

Sponsored Links
If a nursing home phones in with a breakdown in the middle of the night with -10 temperatures - an answerphone saying "Call after 9am Monday" isn't a lot of good - nor saying that the engineer is already out and not expected back in a hurry.

You need an outfit that can handle multiple call-outs like Pimlico Plumbing - but you have to pay for that. ;)

Because they want a VAT registered ISO 9001, 24 hour multiple engineers on call type outfit. Someone has to pay for that.

Just shows how little you know.

Why should any business charge different rates for different customers for the same work?

Just shows how little you know.

Why should any business charge different rates for different customers ?

Does gasgas have the same overheads as BG? If you set up to work commercial then you will have higher overheads - thus you will cost more. Gedditt yet?

Does gasgas have the same overheads as BG? If you set up to work commercial then you will have higher overheads - thus you will cost more. Gedditt yet?

More rubbish. AGAIN Why should the same business charge different customers different amounts for the same work ?

We've established you know SFA about Gas Appliances, and now we've established you know SFA about business. What shall we go for next ? Think you know anything about cooking a tin of beans Joe ?

More rubbish. AGAIN Why should the same business charge different customers different amounts for the same work ?

Because it isn't the same work FFS.

I've just come back from the local pool and Leisure Centre. Do you think they've got a fookin combi in the back room and the local short course gas bod looks after it? The boiler sounds like an aircraft taking off. Bet it's got at least a 28mm gas pipe. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back