Combi boilers

Sue27......the higher the number on the tvr, the higher temperature

Info:
If you wanted trv on all radiators,you can providing you put in a bypass somewhere so the pump is protected and can continue to circulate if all trv's are closed.I find it can be annoying when 1 radiator is at maximum temperature.

Sponsored Links
There is also a further problem with TVRs when you have a room stat that is satisfied, the pump stops and without a running pump the TVRs have no role to play. With the pump running there is no point in setting the TVRs to a temperture higher than the room stat because the room stat gets satisfied first.
The question arises whether or not a system should have a room stat when TVRs are installed on some radiators, or should the pump run continously except when the boiler stat is satisfied
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

for what its worth, we have a room stat and trv's i think they are a waste of time. (in our case)

Put the room stat at maximum setting then the tvr can continue to run,if it shut down the pump early then the room stat is in the wrong place ! I have put mine where I think the coldest area is then the tvr will continue to reach their temperature setting.

Sponsored Links
Just want to say thanks for the input to everyone. I am a lot clearer on how they operate now.

Not sure if I am going to get on with them though as the Radiator nearest to the boiler is in the living room [warmest room in the house] so as I understand from what you are saying, that once the room has reached the required temperature the pump will switch off even though the other rooms haven't warmed up??

Thanks again
Sue

it is possible to have your boiler situated in a cup-board without an outside wall if you use the proper flue kit.
many boilers can have the flues extended by 30 feet or more i think as they have a fan to suck in fresh air for combustion and push the exhaust gases out

aleks

kostello said:
it is possible to have your boiler situated in a cup-board without an outside wall if you use the proper flue kit.
many boilers can have the flues extended by 30 feet or more i think as they have a fan to suck in fresh air for combustion and push the exhaust gases out

aleks

A cupboard is ok if the flue length is within the limits specified in the installation instructions. As a general rule, fan flue boilers can have a *maximum* of 3 to 4m of straight flue, 90deg bends are equivalent to about .5m to .75m of flue but you'll need to check manufacturers instructions.

Sue27

That's correct,if this is happening then the room stat is in the wrong place.Don't worry 95% of room stat are in the wrong place !! It make no difference if you got trv or not the pump will still shutdown because of the room stat e.g if you turn down the radiator nearest to the room stat the others radiator will continue to warm up until it reach the temperature setting on the room stat which should be on maximum if you got trv.

MASONA.
You say the room stat is in the wrong place, but where is the right place?
If it is in the same room as radiators with TVRs, which is regulating the temperture of the room ?.
As I see it it depends which is set to the lowest setting, if the room stat is the lowest then there's no point in having the TVRs.
If the TVR is the lowest setting, the room stat will never be satisfied and the pump will run continously.
Now if the room stat is in some other room then that room is controlled by the stat but the room with TVR is controlled by the TVR but is limited because you cannot reach a temperture higher than that set on the room stat.
So I have to set the hall temp (where the stat is) higher than the lounge where the TVRs are to make sure the TVRs are in full control.
This again means the pump runs continously and wastes fuel by having the hall hotter than the lounge.
I don't see how room stats and TVRs are compatible, other than room stat for lounge and TVRs for any other rooms requiring a lesser temperture.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, you're right you can't win,it not easy where the best place for the room stat,that why I say put it in the coldest area where you think it might be for the all TVR's to benefit and adjust the room stat setting accordingly. I have seen room stat above radiator and even in the kitchen being warmest area with heat from cooking then they want to know why the TVR's aren't working!,this is what I mean when they are in the wrong place.I find without the TVR's some rooms are hotter than others & uncomfortable.I feel more comfortable in all rooms with the TVR's as I probably found the right location for the room stat ! My heating bills is about the same as everybody opinions is difference.What I would like to see is to have a room stat in each room for the require temperature and that would be better than TVR's not sure if it is possible,maybe oneday.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back