Which Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.

Can anyone help with a decision on a combi boiler? I've had four gas fitters quote to install a combi boiler in my house, two have suggested a Vaillant 828E Turbomax Plus, one wanted to fit a Baxi 105e and the last one to quote (who I think will get the job) has asked me to choose between the both. The difference in price on the last quote was only £50 between the two, the Vaillant being the most expensive. I had a look around on the net and I reckon the Vaillant is about £150 more than the Baxi and it has a two year warranty against the Baxi's one. Does anyone have any suggestions. I've been quoted £1500 to fit the Vaillant and two double 1000x600 rads, does that sound o.k?

Any comments would be appreciated, well almost any :LOL:

Andrew

Sponsored Links
Loder said:
Evening all.

Can anyone help with a decision on a combi boiler? I've had four gas fitters quote to install a combi boiler in my house, two have suggested a Vaillant 828E Turbomax Plus, one wanted to fit a Baxi 105e and the last one to quote (who I think will get the job) has asked me to choose between the both. The difference in price on the last quote was only £50 between the two, the Vaillant being the most expensive. I had a look around on the net and I reckon the Vaillant is about £150 more than the Baxi and it has a two year warranty against the Baxi's one. Does anyone have any suggestions. I've been quoted £1500 to fit the Vaillant and two double 1000x600 rads, does that sound o.k?

Any comments would be appreciated, well almost any :LOL:

Andrew
The Baxi is the better of the boilers mentioned, and the quotees if reputable should give you a years warranty with their installation, have you tried British Gas for a quote.

Sponsored Links
Make sure all quotes include flushing the old system. Both boilers have a good reputation, I'd say V's build quality a bit better. Haven't had any trouble fixing one yet! Vaillant has feature to keep itself hot for quicker HW, only comes on the "instant" version of the 105. Vaillant also has a valve to stop it delivering extra-hot water which can happen on any combi after particular use pattern (on long, off short, on again). Could matter if you have young kids.

Thanks everyone for replying. I should have known that the response would have been so mixed, I'm even more confused now :confused: Why only fit Vaillant and Ferroli what am I missing :confused: I was told not to touch Ferrolli with a sh**ty stick :LOL: .

Cheers again

Andrew

If you listen to everyone you wouldn't buy nothing :LOL:

Seriously,best to do your own survey with plumber's on this forum and friend , neighbours, workmates etc

Now take 2 headache tablets...........

My mum's Vaillant boiler broken down 3 times in one years,maybe a friday afternoon boiler :!:

or you could stand at the High Street with a survey clipboard :LOL:

If you look at boilers.org.uk you find that the Vaillant is only D rated at 78% or so efficiency as opposed to 90% plus for A rated condensing boilers. The price differences for some of the A rated ones compare favourably with some of the D rates ones! Why would anyone recommend a less efficient boiler when there are several dozen A rated ones? I am trying to choose one myself and would be grateful for a reason for settling on one.

ollski said:
vailant...lovely to own....buggers to fix!

must strongly disagree I find them very easy (mind you was a vaillant engineer for a time :evil: )

no reslly the old thermocompacts were a totall git to work on but the new turbo max plus and thermocompact plus are a blooming joy

My tuupence worth is keep to the main four manufacturers as their warantee is worth summink as they have the staff to back it up

lets face it bboiler are pretty much of a muchness and they all do what they say on the tin

perhaps it's just me....I find the vailants and worcesters to be just too overcomplicated

Worcesters yes new vaillant are really simple now mate have a look at one the next time your in a merchant

As you can see we all have our favorites, everyone is comfortable with diff boilers (notice no one has mentioned the Ariston Euro Combi though!!! :LOL:) Make sure what ever you purchase it is from a reputable manufacturer Worcester Bosch, Valliant e.t.c. and you cant go wrong they have excellent warranty and parts availability!!! ;)

lets have a least favourite thread...can i nominate the ideal istar condensing combi

Hi,

We have a 3 bedroom semi house, we have a combi boiler 24kw.
we also have 10 radiators.

We were thing of upgrading the boiler to some thing higher than 24KW.

The water low of our system is very high.

What will be your recommendation.

Many Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back