Which Combi Boiler

Miah, even if you stick it here, it's still hyacking the thread, just like wot I wrote in " Bleeding rads didn't work, do I need to repressurise CH?". Start a new topic, otherwise you've now got 2 threads to monitor. If it doesn't confuse you, it sure confuses me :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Just read this post....I had a Vaillant installed 2 years ago and it's nothing but troubles...drives me mad! Next time...oh next time!

Why higher KW rating?

Lets stop unneccessary energy waste. :evil:

Im sure 24kw is ample for your home. If it feels cold and the rads are old this could be the reason. It could just need to be flushed correctly. Bigger is not always better. A higher KW rating would provide you with higher H/W flow rates, which are ideal if you have a family and are using 2 H/W sources at the same time.

If the boiler is passed its sell buy date then upgrade but to get do so just for a higher Kw rating, sound like a waste of money to me. ;)

Do you mean, you have low or high water pressure??? :?:

Registered Gas Man said:
Only fit Valliant or Ferroli you know where I'm going!!! :LOL:
Ferroli spec attracts me - no diverter valve to go wrong. Do you know the Modena 80 and can you reccomend this boiler and the manufacturers after sales service eg spares availability, technical support etc? This model can be bought for £475 inc VAT and delivery which seems a good buy to me.
Anyone know a CORGI man in Plymouth who would commission my boiler if I fit it myself?

Sponsored Links
Excellent boiler, 80,000 btu.

As far as after sales goes Ferrolli also do the same boiler but in disguise. Its called the F24, it has a better looking cover, thats the only difference. But included in the package is a filling loop, a programmer (internal) and a 2 year warranty.

Personally mate i've had no trouble with Ferrolli, an F30 I fitted last Thurday had a suspect pressure gauge, resolved Wednesday this week!

Technical advice kind & friendly and provide an answer.

Make sure the Boiler is commisioned they are quite hot on the fact that the Benchmark is completed.

Registered Gas Man said:
Excellent boiler, 80,000 btu.

As far as after sales goes Ferrolli also do the same boiler but in disguise. Its called the F24, it has a better looking cover, thats the only difference. But included in the package is a filling loop, a programmer (internal) and a 2 year warranty.

Personally mate i've had no trouble with Ferrolli, an F30 I fitted last Thurday had a suspect pressure gauge, resolved Wednesday this week!

Technical advice kind & friendly and provide an answer.

Make sure the Boiler is commisioned they are quite hot on the fact that the Benchmark is completed.

Thanks. I have located a CORGI bloke locally who will commission my own boiler replacement for £75 + VAT which sounds reasonable. I can get the Modena 80 from Discount Heating for £485 inc VAT and delivery. Any sugestions where I can get the F24 by mail order.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back