boiler problem help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i noticed that when i switch on water only boiler heats radiators as well, didn't have this problem before. What has happened ?

Sponsored Links
can i fix it myself? or should i call engineer? how much will it cost?

Fairly easy to replace if you can buy like for like (and hope that the pipes will be the right length), and follow the wiring to the letter.

Worth giving it a go yourself, and if you get stuck then bang the old one back on and call someone in to use what you have bought.

http://www.screwfix.com/cats/102632/Plumbing/Central-Heating-Controls will give you an initial feel for the cost of a replacement valve

Sponsored Links
Check 2 port valve if vented system on S plan or 3port valve on Y plan.

These can jamb in the open position causing the problem you're experiencing.

Best to do this when system cold. Set to H W only and feel if outlet of 2 port or port A of 3 port getting hot when boiler starts up.

If gravity system with no valves then make sure pump not running when calling for H W only.

hi thanks for replies, the boiler is potterton conmi condensing , i dont think we can fix it ourselves as we know nothing about boilers :cry: we will have to get corgi man out , will this 3 way valve have to be replaced? and how much will it cost approximatly labor+part? and is it a big long job? how long will it take?

waiting for what ?
you've already said you'll have to get the man out you know nothing on boilers.
end of.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back