Boiler programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my old combi boiler's programmer is on the boiler it self. The boiler sits in the loft room so not very convenient to access. Is it possible to install a modern digital programmer which can be wired in to the existing boiler control panel? Does it require an expert service or can be done DIY?

Sponsored Links
Crystal ball time ! make and model of the big white box in the loft might help.

Ideal Mini Boiler.JPG

Sponsored Links
cant see why not, you would have to disconnect the boiler programmer and could have either direct wired or an rf programmer/stat, diy depends on how you are with electricity.

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I didnt even know if this was possible. I am quite confident with electrics if I have a manual to go by.

You could leave the internal programmer on constant and use the 230vac stat connections to run the central heating, again either a hard wired or rf programmable stat would do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back