Boiler quote no power flush included?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
772897AD-E191-4FD6-87A6-66DD62B6EFF8.jpeg
Hi everyone yesterday I had a boiler quote for veismann boiler new fitted but the quote didn’t include a power flush only a chemical flush, I thought all new boiler installs include a power flush? Otherwise the warranty is not included Also the fitting they said takes one day, thought it would take longer I’ve added quite any and I’ve would be great thank you

Sponsored Links
Nope. System water has to be a certain condition (as spec by MI's) and as long as this is achieved (by whatever method) the warranty stands.

Ask installer for proof this has been achieved.

View attachment 198943 Hi everyone yesterday I had a Boiler quote for veismann boiler new fitted but the quote didn’t include a power flush only a chemical flush, I thought all new boiler installs include a power flush? Otherwise the warranty is not included Also the fitting they said takes one day, thought it would take longer I’ve added quite any and I’ve would be great thank you

I take a day powerflushing.
Depending on the age of the radiator valves. I'll replace them all for a better PF. As well as updating the system.

However if your system is really old he may think a PF could cause leaks. But if that were the case he should be sticking to a vented as and not a sealed system. So he would keep the small tank in your loft.

Is he up dating controls?

Not updating controls, should I just pay extra and get a power flush wouldn’t it make the system better and protect boiler long term I brough the house a year ago and don’t know the history? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not updating controls, should I just pay extra and get a power flush wouldn’t it make the system better and protect boiler long term I brough the house a year ago and don’t know the history? Thanks
Get a 2nd quote./ opinion

I always like to PF. I say if it leaks at least you have a plumber on site.

In all my years I've only had a handful of leaks.

thanks all, i agree have seen 2 boiler installs both had power flush before h, I just think they wanna complete in 1 day so do not want to do the flush will get more quotes as this was my first

there was an option of an openvent or system boiler my current one is a open vent, is there any advantage of a system boiler or just stick to open vent already of a functioning pump and expansion vessel thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back