Boiler Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have received the following quote to fit new boiler/pump and to flush the system. Would be very grateful if anyone could advise whether they think it reasonable. Must admit I was looking towards £2k rather than £2.5k. Thanks

£2530 (incl VAT)

Supply and fit a new Worcester Bosch 18ri Boiler with a Horizontal flue and a 8 years Manufactures Warranty
Magnaclean filter to be fitted on main return pipe
Alter pipe work to for new boiler
Powerflush System
Boiler to be fitted in the existing boiler location
Condensate pipe to terminate into washing machine waste
A-Rated Energy saving pump
Electrics supply is located in airing cupboard
Inhibit system
Removal and disposal of old boiler / system
1 years warranty on your whole / existing system after installation (under our Service+ Scheme)
Free carbon monoxide alarm
Job duration will be 2 days

Sponsored Links
Looks pretty good to me. Maybe costing your plumber about £1200+vat in the main parts. Then he's got to pay for pipe, fittings, tools, and even have some left over to buy his sandwiches and put a roof over his head.

Putting it differently, if you got a like for like quote much lower than that I'd be suspicious of it.

Looks good to me, apart from the Wooshitter Bodge boiler, but if you're happy with that choice then the price and job description sounds spot on

Sponsored Links
Looks pretty good to me. Maybe costing your plumber about £1200+vat in the main parts. Then he's got to pay for pipe, fittings, tools, and even have some left over to buy his sandwiches and put a roof over his head.

Putting it differently, if you got a like for like quote much lower than that I'd be suspicious of it.

OK thanks. I was just working on the £2k figure as that is what in general people who had had new boilers, were saying it would cost to replace one. Variables obviously not considered.

Do you like the look of the installer? A quality job is more important than £500 saving as this boiler should last years.

You have not said where you live or included your location in your profile. Prices vary in different areas.

You have not said how long the flue is.

I would probably charge a bit less but still a shade over £2k.

But then I choose what water treatment is required and then guaranty that. So I only power flush when it is needed and not automatically.

Nor do I fit a magnetic filter as a norm as if the system is clean then its not needed.

So with no mag filter and only a chemical flush my price would usually be a bit less than £2k

Tony

Thanks for your replies, appreciated. I live near Portsmouth, and the installer has a very good reputation round here and I've used them for annual boiler services and fixes for some time. However, I will ask about the power flush and the magnetic filter. Muggles, a bit concerned about the Worcester now. Why don't you rate it?

Al Growler i would put a filter on the system ( to be on safe side ) to save hassle in the future for all sorts of reason ( and theres quite a few ) for a relatively low price considering , for which i could give plenty of reasons why , agile is right in what he's saying but you've got to think about what could happen in the future concerning your system or possibly DIY contributions . i disagree with his pricing thou because a site survey is needed:)

Al Growler i would put a filter on the system ( to be on safe side ) to save hassle in the future for all sorts of reason ( and theres quite a few ) for a relatively low price considering , for which i could give plenty of reasons why , agile is right in what he's saying but you've got to think about what could happen in the future concerning your system or possibly DIY contributions . i disagree with his pricing thou because a site survey is needed:)

Cheers AGAS, just seen this in the engineers notes below the quote.

Whilst our installer will endeavour to carry out the job as discussed at your survey this may alter due to unforeseen
technical difficulties. Please confirm this with our installer on arrival, if there are any changes to the installation, our
installer will let you know of these immediately and will confirm with yourself alternative plans.

He was round doing a small job a couple of weeks ago and we spoke about a new boiler then, and in particular one which could use the existing flue cavity. That is one of the reasons the Worcester model was selected. I'm a bit concerned now though because Muggles said it was crap.

There not crap just horrible to work on. If installed and maintained correctly it should be a very reliable boiler.

my apologies for being childish but if that's your real name, it's hilarious!!

He was round doing a small job a couple of weeks ago and we spoke about a new boiler then, and in particular one which could use the existing flue cavity. That is one of the reasons the Worcester model was selected. I'm a bit concerned now though because Muggles said it was crap.

Can you describe this "flue cavity" and why you think that only a Worcester boiler is suitable?

Tony

agile is right in what he's saying but you've got to think about what could happen in the future concerning your system or possibly DIY contributions . i disagree with his pricing thou because a site survey is needed:)

Any prices which I mention are solely an indication of what I would expect to charge in a typical situation in my local area.

Since it includes up to 3m of gas pipe upgrade and up to 6 m of external condensate drain then it is likely to be the price that I would charge in most cases.

Of course it does not include extras like TRVs etc. Or expensive programmable stats. Just the basics required for a compliant boiler installation including the correct filling loop which so many installers seem to not replace.

I dont waste my time making free visits to quote collectors. That's how I can keep my prices lower.

Since I guaranty the system against dirt, then a mag filter is not necessary but of course I will fit one for about £120 at the same time as a new boiler if wanted by the owner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back