Boiler quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sister is in the process of getting quote to replace her old boiler in the kitchen, the new boiler is going to be fitted in the loft,she currantly has a copper tank in the airing cupboard next to the bathroom. Is it common practise to add between £300- £500 to the price boiler listed on the internet and does fitting a combi boiler cost less ?

Thanks for any replys.

Sponsored Links
My sister is in the process of getting quote to replace her old boiler in the kitchen, the new boiler is going to be fitted in the loft,she currantly has a copper tank in the airing cupboard next to the bathroom. Is it common practise to add between £300- £500 to the price boiler listed on the internet and does fitting a combi boiler cost less ?

Thanks for any replys.

Ignore what each item costs, its the bottom line that matters

Sponsored Links
End of the day the price quoted is what you like of dislike.
Quality of work may or may not be reflected in price.
Internet prices are not a yardstick
If internet price is what your sister wants, then she should go for it.

A price can only be compared if appliance and work carried out is what each and every one is quoting to

Tradesman adding 20% to the cost of supplied parts is fairly normal, they'll tell you it's to cover the running around they have to do to get them

We paid £2700 for a 28kw Vaillant combi, removal of HW tank in the loft, re-routing of all the pipework to upstairs and extended flue up and out of the loft and out under the eaves, plus half a dozen Trvs.
I think the cost of the boiler + £1000 labour and a bit of pipework is more than fair. They make money from the copper tank too.

We paid £2700 for a 28kw Vaillant combi, removal of HW tank in the loft, re-routing of all the pipework to upstairs and extended flue up and out of the loft and out under the eaves, plus half a dozen Trvs.
I think the cost of the boiler + £1000 labour and a bit of pipework is more than fair. They make money from the copper tank too.
Did that price inclue a power flush ?

They make money from the copper tank too.
That tank will buy the installer set of 4 tyres and full tank of fuel.
You do know the metal weighed in, funds received, are liable for tax
How much is a cylinder worth.
At times it is better left in place

Last edited:
It would help if you said when you had the work done and where you are in the country.

Tradesman adding 20% to the cost of supplied parts is fairly normal, they'll tell you it's to cover the running around they have to do to get them

20 % is Justified on all materials. However if you find someone who's not VAT registered then he may be happy for you to supply boiler

Thanks for any replys.

It is pointless asking on here.
There are too many variables.

A business charges what it charges.
It's down to you whether to you accept their offer of a quote.

The only way is to get comparison prices from other providers, who have assessed the install, and then make a decision based on cost AND your confidence in them to deliver a professional job.

Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back