boiler/radiator/trv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please forgive me if this seems like an obvious answer. I'm not clued up at all.

My boiler (it's about 15 years old) is upstairs in the small bedroom, my thermostat is downstairs in the living room.
All but the bathroom radiator have TRVs fitted.
Unfortunately, this is an extremely tiny room.
So while my living room is still feeling cold getting up to temperature, the bathroom is very stuffy.

Is it possible to have my living room radiator without the TRV and put one in the bathroom?
It would make more sense and save a lot of wasted energy.

I don't have a clue which way the water will flow?
I'm guessing the bathroom radiator is heated first and wondering if that's why it has no TRV.

If I am able to swap them, do I need a gas engineer, a plumber or is it even possible as a a DIY job?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
The room where the thermostat is located, should not have a TRV on its radiator. Easy way around it is to either take the TRV head off, or set it to MAX.

Fitting a TRV to the bathroom radiator would be a DIY job, if you are reasonably competent, but would probably involve draining the system down.

Turn down one of the bathroom radiators valves ,the wheel head,may just work for you !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back