Boiler replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just had to shell out for a new pump for a Baxi WM38/3RS boiler as it's getting on a bit, what boiler would you recommend I replace this one with, also is this type of boiler a system boiler or a regular boiler or what ever. Any advice tips will be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Sponsored Links
What you have now is an open vent heat only boiler.

A new equivalent would be the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 412/415, but many others are out there.

Dave
Thanks for reply. What is meant by open vent heat only boiler? This one I have does CH & HW. Can you explain a little more?

I don't call them heat only I use the term regular.

It simply means it works in the same sort of way as your old boiler but it is sedbuk band A which means as efficient as it comes.

Sponsored Links
Boilers are:-

Regular or Combi

AND

Standard or Condensing

These are the special words which had to be dreamed up to be used in the efficiency training which all installers should have done.

The idea is that everyone then knows what everyone else is talking about ( or not ! ).

Tony

customers get confused when they want a quote for a (or is that an) high efficiency boiler & they get one for a condensing (or vice versa).

If its working and heating house quickly and hot enough then keep it . Good little boiler and can last for years yet .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back