flow and return on regular boiler, how to tell

oh god another double poster who realy fails to return,
why do us guys bother,
buy the boiler mr customer but expect to pay the correct prices for our experiance and skills, when you arange for people to call be there and listen to thier advice. after all incorrect advice could be dangerious

Sponsored Links
I could return it as not yet out of the box
Probably for the best really. Keep on searching; you'll find someone in due course.

A 1 in 20 reply rate suggests more than just being busy. What else could it be??

Sponsored Links
No need to be cheeky, I am here for advice not a lecture. I was in the morning as I had told all I would be, the one guy turned up PM..so not being careless.
What is wrong with buying the product?? are you only able to supply and install?
I am happy to pay for expert help when it is needed.
I can't imagine it would take a whole day..exchanging one regular boiler for another?

The limitation of your imagination is probably only rivalled by the limitation of you knowledge - hence the question you posed.

If you supply, then the GS installer is not going to guarantee (assuming he is dumb enough to fit). Simples. Hence you bought it at a "discount" and expect some poor s0d to fit it cheap.

Hence the 1/20 survey rate.

Have you spotted the pattern yet?

Woe betide the children of the DIYdad that can't figure out F&R :rolleyes:

xr4x4";p="2155962 said:
Doesn't matter what's flow and return on the pipe work, it will work ether way.

Are you sure about that? I always wondered why makers bothered to mark the flow and return.

The system pipework, not the boiler!

Anyway forget what I said, prob only applies when extending an existing system. Which is all I've ever done or would do.

I'd welcome some info from the pros - it is thread-subject related. When I did that CC/CCC course (and subsequently came on here to discover that I had in reality learnt sod-all and knew next to nothing in your profession and decided to return to my own dayjob!), we had to learn a little about different gravity and pumped systems and the related plans. In particular, the usual stuff about positive, neutral or negative flows creating related likely F/E tank pumping over problems. This seems highly relevant to the thread.

My specific question is regarding the direction in which hot water is sent through the coil - hot to cold downwards or upwards? Books, the online test and my own (limited) experiences don't seem to be consistent. Does it matter and/or is there at least a "best practice"?

I am happy to pay for expert help when it is needed.

I can't imagine it would take a whole day..exchanging one regular boiler for another?

I told you that I would charge £640 and asked if that was what you were expecting to pay but you have not replied to me.

Tony

Dan,
I quickly figured out the flow and return but I am horrified that you could consider that reversing them could result in a dangerous situation??can you explain...I think you may need to retrain..and in no way could that ever affect the gas side unless you usually connect your customers water supply to their gas pipes ??? I worry about your customers, please seek expert advice.

This stuff is not as black magic as you like to make out, grow up and use facts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back