Boiler room storage idea.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

My house have an almost useless room which contains mostly rubbish and boiler in the alcove.

I was preparing to make it into storage space but only now I asked myself a question whether walls and floor are going to support the weight?

My plan was to mount louvred panels to the longest wall and use them with ikea boxes for easy access. On top of that I bought boiler thermostat that gives me full control over the boiler wirelessly so I could stack boxes in the alcove. I would be able to use 70 boxes on the wall, each is roughly 20 litres so I would say an average of 5kg stuff. That amounts to 350 kg on 2.3 x 2.0m wall. Alcove can fit 40 boxes which gives around 200kg. I also thought about a storage trolley that I can stick there ans pull it out when I need something from that room.

Is it safe to do? I'm around 150kg and stood in the alcove and no concerning noises were reported lol.

What do you think lads (and lassies if there are any)?

Sponsored Links
I was boxing some unsightly pipes so yes, I did spend there few hours. Was it safe? I don't know but I'm still here so hey ho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back