Boiler saga

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so some may have seen posts on here faulty boiler issue (Suprima 50) which admittedly is old but tugged along before the fan went.

History was/is with it;
  • Fan went, that got fixed and working
  • Service showed it needed a new Gas Valve as it showed it was dropping MB on the (?)
  • Fitted a Hive (Self install) had a few issues but thats now confirmed as working, the same symptons happen with the original Therm/Programmer on.
Now it is cycling through and constantly overheating, and is making more noise than before the valve/fan when on.

What do you think it might be here?

Sponsored Links
Is it going to " lock out" ,overheating very quickly from cold ? Suspect lack of circulation / pump.

No doesn't lock out (to red), it just cycles.

Next issue is Motor valve needs to be turned on manual for HW.

HW Valve came on this morning to cylinder so assumed to be due to it being on desired heat yesterday.

Its running far higher to me, sounds higher and does sound like an "old boiler", i feel like i should wear a boiler suit and cap looking at it.

Would a flush potentially help noise?

Sponsored Links
Have the settings checked by the guy that fitted the new gas valve, he may have left it set too high.

Last edited:
Have the burner pressure checked by the guy that fitted the new gas valve, he may have left it set too high.

I will do mate, sounds like its running too high to me. Could the board not be liking the Hive ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back