Boiler service or safety check?

rob884 said:
ollski said:
rob884 said:
if you have back boiler 1 hour min!

Why?, baxis are a piece of cake I can strip and fully clean a bbu and fire in 30 mins if all gos well :)

thats includes flue flow, spillage on both appliances, gas rate on both appliances, all rads working to full potential, inspection of F+E . aswell as removal and clean of fire and clean of bb

30mins! you BG guys are good

Lol, inspection of the f & e?, you got me on that one!

Sponsored Links
your choice to laugh off probably the smallest job on the list of servicing suggests you probably dont do half of it, atleast not in your 30min as you originally stated.

I have been servicing bbu's for best part of 15 years and I have never completed one in under 45 mins (these are ones that are clean dont get me started on the dirty ones)

Maybe this is why I packed up subbing for BG I just aint good enough ;)

I do a full service on a bbu rob:
pos. isolation, polarity, earth continuity, short circuit, earth loop impedance, res to earth, flue flow, 3 spillage checks, pack flue and check 3rd seal, remove and clean burner, brush and vacuum hx, burner pressures, fsds, vent size and suitability, bubble everything. Check all the rads start to warm and bleed them, visual in airing cupboard and paperwork in about 30 mins.....it's not always the case though as you know. Unfortunately I don't price my jobs to a time though I work against the clock so have to get it done quick.

But no I don't go in the loft...only for exposed flue pipe, ridge tiles and precast connections.

Sponsored Links
Olll

half an hour to do that lot

what do have in the morning THREE shredded wheat I am bettin ;)

corgiman said:
Olll

No time for breakfast cm 10 back boilers to service :D

ollski said:
corgiman said:
Olll

No time for breakfast cm 10 back boilers to service :D

is it a bird

is it a plane

NO its ollski

now get the **** out of his way before he sticks his hoover up ya arse, he is a busy man \:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back