Boiler Service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After an arguement in pub i wish to know what you guys class as a boiler service.
I check and clean everywhere but most importantly the burner, also check and clean sump on HE and always the expansion vessel on all combis, should i be do more or less in your opinion?
Just for clarification the other fella said i do to much and that i should only check and clean the burner!!!!

Sponsored Links
After an arguement in pub i wish to know what you guys class as a boiler service.
I check and clean everywhere but most importantly the burner, also check and clean sump on HE and always the expansion vessel on all combis, should i be do more or less in your opinion?
Just for clarification the other fella said i do to much and that i should only check and clean the burner!!!!

Ideally you should follow the service instructions set out in the MI's where available?
Id say what you do is better then just checking the burner but might not generate as much breakdown work as you will prevent common faults by servicing properly.
Id love to take my time on services and strip them down properly. Unfortunately 38mins isnt long enough to do everything.

Sponsored Links
38 Minuites for a Service!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

HOW MUCH IS THE POOR OLD CUSTOMER PAYING FOR THIS??? :confused:

38 Minuites for a Service!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

HOW MUCH IS THE POOR OLD CUSTOMER PAYING FOR THIS??? :confused:

Anything from £11p/m upwards depending on which contract its on. Technically they dont get a service they get a "maintenance & safety inspection"

what no electrical checks
no tightness test

no burner press check

no FGA :eek:

which of the above are mentioned in MI? a service never includes a tightness test, but some contracts include it, but it isnt the same thing

first thing ask client/customer/p i a to turn on appliance

ask them to turn off appliance

tightness test

carry out service/repair

tightness test

handover appliance

always ;)

Fire up - FGA - drink cuppa - on to the next one :evil: ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back