Boiler size

It does if you try to commission a commercial boiler on a domestic meter; no way it will pass. The same goes for the pipework needed for this set up.
Which type of gasmeter will feed this lot?

U25 gas meter.

Sponsored Links
These indirect megaflows are already installed but are on electric, want to heat by gas hence the post.

U25 gas meter.
Were my other questions to difficult to answer, or just too embarrassing?
Would the reason you are asking these questions on a diy site have something to do with your careful avoiding the issues of safety, legallity and registered gas installers?
Surely you are not trying to run a hmo without the necessary paperwork, or.......

Really is no need for this , OP asked a question & is treated like this , nowhere did it suggest anything was being carried out on the cheap. :confused:

Sponsored Links
U25 gas meter.
Were my other questions to difficult to answer, or just too embarrassing?
Would the reason you are asking these questions on a diy site have something to do with your careful avoiding the issues of safety, legallity and registered gas installers?
Surely you are not trying to run a hmo without the necessary paperwork, or.......

What don't you understand?

I was merely thinking out loud regards which way to go with this, when i'm ready i will contact a registered gas safe engineer to quote for works to be carried out, gas meter/pipework size has nothing whatsoever to do with a calculation regarding power output, who are you anyway? are you qualified to give advice on commercial gas work? do you hold the relevant gas safe certificate for commercial work? if the answer is NO then keep your pompous arrogant attitude to yourself.

That sounds like one of the two typical responses that are common from people that try to find answers to things they don't know, so they can tell the ee what to stick in, or even just botch it themselves.
It also matches exactly the lack of relevant information in the post; hundreds of posts like this.

I can see double standards here.

I'll ask again , DO YOU HOLD THE RELEVANT CERTIFICATE/S FOR COMMERCIAL GAS WORK?

:mrgreen: just broken the popcorn out.

Well , seems gas meter is plenty big enough in any case so there's a start. :mrgreen:

To be fair to rooomstooolet he asked a simple question which deserved a simple answer (to what he got) , how bennyboy can 'assume' two Keston C55s to come under domestic begs the question. :LOL:

Spotting funny posts from people that ask odd questions and carefully evade details has nothing to do with double standards.
The fact that I don't do commercial gas doesn't alter anything about it being very strange that somebody doing a project like yours is trying to find out the details on a diy site.

cant see job, but depending on varying factors you might be able to consider a bank of rinnai water heaters.
btw the ignore button comes in useful on here sometimes.

Thank you Mickyg , i wasn't aware of the ignore facility , button pressed.

I already have these megaflows installed from when i took over the building 12 months ago , i will think again whether to just do away with them and heat the water by gas.

if your sticking with the megaflos then your stuck with their restrictions. No matter what the spec says theres prob no point trying to put more than about 20kw into a 300l megaflo due to coil. hotter it gets the less it absorbs as someone has said. There is posibility of heating them directly as norcon has explained but personall i think with the cost of setting that up with boilers and equipment you be just as well to just use rinnais.

Thanks again to all that took the time to advise , much appreciated.

Matthew.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back