Boiler stuck on won't switch off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advise pls. the boiler at my GF's house is continuousyl stuck on you switch off at the timer/controller but although the neon switches off the boiler stays on. Can anyone advise on likely cause im leaning towards a faulty timer/controller but she is going to get someone in to look at it and I don't want them to convionce her the boiler needs changing when it could just be a timer/controller unit

Sponsored Links
You have not given any details at all like make of boiler and type of system!

However, my best guess bases on virtually no information is that a microswitch in a motor valve has stuck on. Quite possibly the valve is stuck or perhaps just the switch is stuck.

We would charge a fixed diagnostic fee of £84 plus about £24 for a new valve head if it was in our local area.

But that was only a guess!!!

Tony

It would help if you told us a bit more.

What boiler is it?

Is there any zone valves?

My guess is its a zone valve stuck open/on.

If it is NOT a combi then I would agree it sounds like the 3 way valve or one of the 2 port valves if you have them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back