valiant combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,, I have a valiant combi boiler and the problem I have is the central heating stays on when it is switched off,,, on the boiler there is a switch which gives you 3 options to control the central heating. 1 heating on the timer. 2 heating on all the time and 3 heating off completely. with the heating switched off completely it is still running. there is a neon indicating when its on also and that stays off as well.. the switch seems to be part of the clock/timer unit.. any ideas?? anybody else come across this?? :( :( :( :( :?: :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Difficult to guess too exactly without knowing the model! Vaillant have made a lot of boilers!

Most boilers have a diverter or flow switch which senses hot water demand.

It sounds as if the boiler thinks these is a demand for hot water and fires up the boiler and the heat produced ends up in the radiators.

Unless you are heavily into electromechanical devices I would suggest you employ a competent boiler engineer.

Tony Glazier

Assuming you really did mean

"the central heating stays on when it is switched off"

What happens when you draw hot water? DO you get it and does the CH stay on afterwards?

Does the boiler have a metal door which opens to the right, then 1cm diameter neons left of centre?

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the replys so far, the model number is a Valiant turbo-max plus 824E.. running the hot water makes no difference I dont think

Sounds like you have the mechanical timer fitted? On the control panel below the display screen there are 4 buttons (flame, i, +, -). If you press the "i" button, a status code will be displayed (e.g. S.07). Can you tell us what status code is displayed when the problem you describe occurs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back