Boiler to be commissioned

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A guy I went to school with fit a boiler for me a couple of months ago (he’s registered, it’s not a diy job). I didn’t want it turned on as there were other things needing done in the flat first and I wasn’t gonna be living there.

He’s meant to be here this morning to commission it/turn it on, but looks like he’s awol. I cannae get hold of him. Trying since yesterday.

I need it done though...

Can I get a boiler commissioned by someone else?

I don’t want the radiators on as they’re off the wall. Just need hot water.

Sponsored Links
A lot of gas safe engineers won’t commission something they didn’t install, they have to take responsibility for the whole installation after they have worked on it if they didn’t install it a lot will be reluctant as they have no idea how well it was installed.

You can ask someone but they may charge you more than you would expect to double check everything that has been fitted to standard.

A lot of gas safe engineers won’t commission something they didn’t install, they have to take responsibility for the whole installation after they have worked on it if they didn’t install it a lot will be reluctant as they have no idea how well it was installed.

You can ask someone but they may charge you more than you would expect to double check everything that has been fitted to standard.

Thanks for your reply -

By “charge you more than you would expect”, what are you thinking? Roughly?

I have no idea for an exact price but let’s say an example of £200 would be a commission price.

If they need to check everything they may double that.

Your best bet is to continue trying to get your friend back, if you are in a rush then expect to pay over the odds.

Sponsored Links
Sounds suspect to me. You get a new boiler fitted and he doesn't turn it on to test it??

Andy

Nothing dodgy about it guys. I managed to get the guy after about 100 attempts calling him.

I bought the flat but it needed completely ripped out. Had the old back boiler behind a fireplace that I wanted removed. That was one of the first things I had done. So the boiler was in, but basically nothing else done. Been a few months since, radiators in this week. Boiler commissioned yesterday.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back