Commissioning of boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had our boiler fitted by a competent plumber in 2009 but didn't register it , and now we have sold our house and need a central heating commissioning certificate , how do we go about getting one? I have recently had a gas safety certificate done is this good enough? Any help on this subject would be much appreciated as we don't want to loose the sale of our house.

Sponsored Links
The certificate might suffice. Technically it doesn't.

You should be able to take an indemnity insurance policy out to cover your purchaser. Costs less than £50.

Landlord gas safety certificate should be ok.
Most of the houses that get sold don't have them anyway.
Just a nit picking solicitor perhaps trying to get a few quid off the asking
price.

Any help on this subject would be much appreciated as we don't want to loose the sale of our house.
If your buyers are willing to walk away from the deal because of a tiny little item like a certificate for the boiler, they had no intention of buying in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately there are alot of jobs done not legitimately and not registered for that reason.

I don't think the solicitor is being petty. I wouldn't by a house that didn't have certificates for everything out of principle.
It's the in registered jobs that ruin our industry and make us all out to be rogues.

Have you tried contacting the original installer? Why was it not registered?

We had our boiler fitted by a competent plumber in 2009 but didn't register it , and now we have sold our house and need a central heating commissioning certificate , how do we go about getting one? I have recently had a gas safety certificate done is this good enough? Any help on this subject would be much appreciated as we don't want to loose the sale of our house.

A competent person would have registerd it ............. I would imagine that the installer was an illegal installer

I think the words 'competent plumber' tell you that the OP knows it wasn't done by someone with the minimum credentials required by law.

You pays your money, takes your choice.

I find it quite funny that because the appliance as not been notified that you all seem to think its been down by some one who wasn't competent.

The more people tell me to do the more I cant be bothered. :LOL:

I find it quite funny that because the appliance as not been notified that you all seem to think its been down by some one who wasn't competent.

The more people tell me to do the more I cant be bothered. :LOL:

This site is littered by guys, presumably perfectly competent in their own right, refusing to notify, due to the issues of suspected client nabbing by Corgi.

I'm afraid that the automatic default to an unregistered install has to be that it is not registered for a reason... What that reason is we just don't know... I know I'm an old cynic.

A competent person would have registerd it ............. I would imagine that the installer was an illegal installer

Well that is a sweeping statement ! Maybe the guy is that busy it slipped the net don't ever presume pal

Not wishing to hi-jack this thread but just had a new house built and the oil fired boiler installer can't commission the boiler that he put in. He's going to get a "mate" to commission it.

He has installed underfloor heating in ground and first and done all the rest of the plumbing. Worcester boiler - is the warranty null and void until it is commissioned ? Respectable local building firm did the building. Surprised they would sub. this work out to someone who couldn't commission his own boiler installation. But I guess that oil is a whole lot different than gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back