Boiler warranty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So we hear of boiler warranties, sticking to top 3 Valiant, WB and intergas.

The valiant and WB offers 10 years warranties but the integas is only 5 (heat exchnager 10 years)

So is it really worth getting the intergas?

Sponsored Links
Check again.

7 years on the HRE

10 on the Eco RF.

You assume of course that all the manufacturer's wont try to wriggle out of them if the mood / budgets take them.

Warranties aren't everything - I'd rather have something with a shorter warranty that's going to need repairing less often. Intergas is definitely worth it

Check again.

7 years on the HRE

10 on the Eco RF.

You assume of course that all the manufacturer's wont try to wriggle out of them if the mood / budgets take them.

On the website it says 10 year on the heat exchanger and 5 year for parts and labour.

On HRE it has 2 yr warranty and 10 on heat exchanger.

Sponsored Links
Why is Intergas in the top 3?

Top 3 by what metrics?

They wriggled on my one - I had one of the models with the crap Wilo pump.

I've never heard vaillant wriggle on warrantys?
We had to powerflush a system under their insistance to maintain a Warranty (not our installation). System water was clean enough to drink before we started.

Customer wasted hundreds of pounds because the diverter valve was goosed and groupsmurfs didn't want to change it.

I think it depends on the mood of the attending technician as to the level of service. If his partner is giving him grief because he left his dirty socks on her pillow, don't expect perfect service. However if he had sex this morning he will go all out to satisfy your warranty call.

So how do you ensure that anyone attending had sex in the morning?

I had to do some work on a Worcester boiler to prevent them cancelling the warranty cover.

They wanted an electrolytic water treatment unit, a shock arrester and a magnetic filter!

Nice little job for me, at least it would have been if it was not on the other side of London.

Tony

Check again.

7 years on the HRE

10 on the Eco RF.

On the website it says 10 year on the heat exchanger and 5 year for parts and labour.

On HRE it has 2 yr warranty and 10 on heat exchanger.

Platinum installers can offer you the extended warranty for free. The website has the warranties listed with the boilers, no idea what you're looking at

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back