Intergas or Ideal

Muggles, you recently kindly advised, in a different thread, about thermostatic programmer options - and introduced me to the Salus RT520RF to use with an Xclusive.

Having looked further I can see they also do a wired one (without the RF suffix)which is still Opentherm compatible but might possibly be a bit simpler? I like simple :D

I also see they go to the trouble of listing boilers that are compatible and, reassuringly, show the Intergas boilers listed there. A nice touch.

As you said before, the Salus 5 year warranty stands out from all the others.

So thanks again for adding to the sum of my (limited) knowledge.

I've looked at the Xclusive installation instructions and see that there is an onboard central heating programmer but I'm guessing people prefer to use the likes of the T3 or T4 or T6 or Salus RT 520 in preference to the ones built in to the boiler? I have the basic Honeywell CM 901 at present and like it very much.

One other thing I spotted was the preheat function (in its various settings). I get the principle of pre - warming the internals thus speeding up the production of hot water at the tap/shower - but wonder where the pre-heated water circulates? Is there some sort of small circuit around the HEX that the heated water runs through? I've never seen the topic raised before.

Am I right in thinking that the pre-heat function could easily be ignored on the grounds of wasting energy?

Am enjoying discovering facts about their range of boilers and feel quite optimistic.

Ta.
It's better to stick to your own thread rather than trying to hijack other people's, so I'll answer this there

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back