Intergas...but which...

Does "Hard-work" have some type of relationship with Ferroli ??
works for them :idea::?::?:
No. I would not be seen dead working for a boiler manufacturer. The simplest, easiest to maintain, with the least parts and best performing combi available is the Ferroli Modena. Get used to it. Celebrate this fact.

The reason you buy a combi is for the DHW side. The higher the flowrate the better. The Intergas is poor on DHW delivery. Look at the specs. Although our one boiler wonder would have you believe the DHW come out like a firehose.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Mr Robinson, goes to sleep with the Intergas manual under his pillow each night.

Sponsored Links
But the maths don't work. And you obviously think they have a hex that can add energy to the combustion process.
Mr Robinson, have you told Ferroli that they don't know how to do sums?
  • The Ferroli Modena 32C delivers 13.1 l/min.
  • The Atag A325C has an output of 34.2 kW and a DHW delivery of 14.3 litres per min.
  • The Ferroli Modena 38C delivers 16 l/min.
Note the rather even step up in kW and DHW delivery.
But the Intergas 36kW and 40kW models deliver only a pathetic 13 litres/min.
That is kak-n-poo by anyone's standards. Shocking performance.

Last edited:
Between No Work having a HE that generates more heat than can come from the gas burnt and Bernard having cracked perpetual motion with his flow switch that fails to on with no water flow, I think that they have cracked the energy crisis... They are the saviours of the human race. All they need to do now is invent Medicinal Compound... I'll drink to that

Mr Robinson, have you told Ferroli that they don't know how to do sums?
  • The Ferroli Modena 32C delivers 13.1 l/min.
  • The Atag A325C has an output of 34.2 kW and a DHW delivery of 14.3 litres per min.
  • The Ferroli Modena 38C delivers 16 l/min.
Note the rather even step up in kW and DHW delivery.
But the Intergas 36kW and 40kW models deliver only a pathetic 13 litres/min.
Shocking performance. That is kak-n-poo by anyone's standards.
I've had 20 litres out of an A325ECX.....Wasn't very warm though..

The reason you buy a combi is for the DHW side

Come on - where else would a combi suit an installation that needs high heating output but not much hot water - AND a cylinder would be onerous? Or indeed a cylinder can be installed as well? Come on - I can think of several.

Although our one boiler wonder would have you believe the DHW come out like a firehose.

I believe in the laws of physics.

To give you some clue as to the calibre of your preferred brand - they not so long ago they shared a platform at Ecobuild with The Magic Thermodynamic box.

Now there's a product for you to google - you'll love that - but please start a separate thread on it ;).

Flue gases close to ambient too. Cracking boiler - shame they never updated the gas train and stuck with the same burner etc.
Indeed, I love the ATAGs but I think that I'll be fitting alittle Intergas so that I can feed preheated DHW from my log gasser in the garage..

The reason you buy a combi is for the DHW side.

One of the reasons many people buy a combi is because combi boilers are being over sold by installers and heating "experts".

The concept of the combi boiler was developed to cater for flats and apartments where there was no simple way to install header tanks and hot water cylinders.
The combi concept was never intended to be used in houses with lofts but as new builds became more compact and build costs had the be reduced the combi took hold simply because it was less labour to install and less expensive in materials and did not waste space needed for an airing cupboard around the cylinder. The developers who specified combi for cost saving did not have to live in the houses they were building.

With combi boilers being installed in family homes it soon became apparent that the DHW side required far more heat if an adequate DHW flow was to be achieved (*) but this amount of heat was several times the amount of heat required for central heating. What had been a simple and achievable concept was now complicated by the need to create a boiler that had this wide range of heat output and would also maintain an acceptable efficiency for both DHW and CH functions.

(*) flow rates for the original concept had been based on DHW requirements for typical flats with one or two person occupation. It was when combi boiler were first installed in family homes that this flow rate was found to be inadequate and boilers with higher DHW heat capacity had to be developed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back