Intergas...but which...

Can you not back up your own assertions with actual facts and figures?
My main critique of the Intergas is the thermal mass of the heat exchanger which has to be wasteful of heat when this mass of metal is heated to deliver a few litres of hot DHW and then cools down before the next few litres of hot water are drawn off a few minutes later.
By comparison the thermal mass of a coiled tube heat exchanger is small and much less heat is wasted in heating up the metal of the heat exchanger.

I have aked here and not yet been answered if anyone has a copy (or can quote from) the test procedure used to measure the efficiency of domestic boilers. ( BS 303 -5 ? )
Specifically I am looking for the answer to whether the boiler has to be run up until it is in a steady state condition before any measurements are made.

Sponsored Links
So the crux of hard on's argument is a 38kw boiler outputs more water than a 36kw boiler and to Hell with the fact that for more than 30 pages of waffle he can't bring himself to admit that he's been climing9itnwas a 40kw boiler instead.

What a muppet.
Your personality defect is getting the better of you again. tut, tut. The 36 and 40kW Intergas models both give a pathetic 13 litres a minute. Even a wet finger in the air will tell you that is very inefficient.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Don't assume how I'm thinking. This thread has clearly displayed you and unfortunately Razor have done Intergas no favours at all. I too wouldn't entertain an Intergas boiler due to your shîtty, arrogant manner on almost every thread. It is interesting how you've suddenly answered another thread in a completely different manner after receiving a true and well overdue dressing down.

You say you're happy with your lot but a quick Google search of where you live and your car history doesn't fit the bigheaded, show-off persona you display online here. At a guess I'd say you were on the spectrum and suffer with social integration. You may well know your stuff but hell, self praise is no praise and it sure is ugly. Also, remember what it is you do and take a reality check occasionally.
This guy come on this forum and asks a question and insults, sneers and mocks are hurled at him, Mr Robinson is involved as usual.
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/ideal-icos-fault-h1.413938/

Type into Google: site:diynot.com insults Dan
Piles come up! This Robinson fella has been at it for years. He has a real personality problem, that needs sorting ASAP. A Constant stream of insults going back many years. Not only that he is backed up by the same circle of henchmen, who resort to the same behaviour.

To Hard-Work
Sorry to have to say this

Please keep to the critique of the appliances, not the people with opposite opinions

This guy come on this forum and asks a question and insults, sneers and mocks are hurled at him, Mr Robinson is involved as usual.
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/ideal-icos-fault-h1.413938/

Type into Google: site:diynot.com insults Dan
Piles come up! This Robinson fella has been at it for years. He has a real personality problem, that needs sorting ASAP. A Constant stream of insults going back many years. Not only that he is backed up by the same circle of henchmen, who resort to the same behaviour.

As I said, context is everything.

To Hard-Work
Sorry to have to say this

Please keep to the critique of the appliances, not the people with opposite opinions
Bernard it has been going on for years - the insults not opposite `opinions`. The MODS should stop them, or if they do not desist ban them. The government is taking Internet bullying and abuse seriously these days. Five years ago was a different matter. If they constantly acted this way in real life to strangers they may find they will have problems with the police. The Internet is being brought into line, whereas before it was regarded as a separate social thing the authorities ignored - maybe because they never had resources to police the Internet.

But you're implying that the burner is all important.

It is the same burner in all the Intergas boilers.
This is were your social disorder comes out doesn't it Mr Robinson? If you have something to say, say it properly, explain it properly, not one liners thinking you are smarter than others. No one is impressed except your henchmen followers. Get your act together and fall into the mainstream. You have everything to gain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back