boiler will not fire on demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a Firebird 90 combi boiler, been having problems with no hot water and complete loss of water pressure, have just replaced the plate to plate and fitted a new blender valve, this has solved the pressure problem as the exchanger was completely fured up, the problem is the boiler will not fire on hot water demand, the ch side is ok boiler fires no problem, i have checked the impeller on pump and it seems to turn freely with a screw driver through the hole, so im at a loss as to what else it could be, can anyone help

Sponsored Links
Very likely to be a problem with the flow switch.

Check it out with a multimeter or continuity meter to see if it
switches when tap running.

ok will do, am i right in saying that ill have to drain down boiler to replace flow switch

Sponsored Links
Hi that's good news I'll do that tomorrow if I can get a replacement flow valve, and maybe I'll get some hot water at last. many thanks.
Rich

By the way what is the best way to add inhibitor into the ch system as it all had to be drained yesterday for the plate exchanger to be fitted and was'ent done at the time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back