Boiler will not relight when hot - Halstead ACE HE24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a new Halstead ACE HE24 combi boiler fitted which has a fault.

The boiler will heat up the radiators and then stop heating when the water gets to the temperature set by the thermostat. But when it tries to relight 10 - 15 minutes later it fails and displays the number 3 (in the manual it states that this can be an indication of low gas pressure but the plumber is convinced that the gas pressure is ok - measured @ 2.7 m3/hr at installation).

The boiler will not relight until it and the radiators have cooled down and the pressure on the gauge is back to approximately 1.5 bar. To relight it, I then have to turn the dial to the reset position & then back to the temperature setting.

The plumber who installed it has came out twice to fix it, but both attempts have been unsuccessful. The part which produces the spark has been replaced and we have tried plugging it in to a number of different electrical sockets just in case the socket it was originally plugged into had reverse polarity or a bad earth.

I have noticed a similar thread on the forum which ended up being a faulty PCB: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21593

I have also emailed Halstead's Service department and will update the thread if I get a useful reply.

Any help with this problem would be very much appreciated and I will forward any advice to the plumber who originally installed the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Halstead are now part of Glen Dimplex,
If it was reverse polarity it would not get past the ignition stage.
what happens if you put it into the hot water mode, does the boiler light and get the water hot untill you turn the tap off??

Thanks for your reply.

The hot water will work when the central heating is on or off & not showing the '3' error code - hot water mode on this boiler is started when the hot water tap is turned on.

But if I run the hot water for a long time to fill the bath, turn the tap off & try to use the hot water again, it fails to relight showing the '3' error code & cannot be used again until the boiler has cooled right down.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back