Boiler wiring question

Sponsored Links
Or you could just cover all bases by installing a 3-amp fuse in parallel with an un-fused supply.

So what does all that mean?
I'll try to explain it in sinple terms for you.

Point number 1 means that there are no requirements in the Wiring Regulations for gas appliance supplies to be fused at 3A.

Point number 2 means that there are no requirements in any gas regulations for gas appliance supplies to be fused at 3A.

Point number 3 means that the Wiring Regulations do not make it mandatory to abide by any manufacturer instructions.

Point number 4 means that the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations (I'm assuming it is they) do make it mandatory to abide by any manufacturer instructions.

Point number 5 means that some gas appliance manufacturers require 3A fusing in the UK.

Point number 6 means that some gas appliance manufacturers do not require 3A fusing outside the UK.

Point number 7 means that nobody knows why #5 is justified, particularly when #6 applies to the same appliance sold elsewhere.

Point number 8 means that notwithstanding #7, #4 means that observing #5 is not optional.

I can't imagine how hard-of-thinking someone would have to be to truly not understand each of those points.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back