Boilermate 2000, boiler pump always running.

E

edoras12

On the boilermate 2000 the led's 1 and 2 are always on, the boiler pump is continously running asking for more heat. After checking the flow temp from the boiler it never gets about 67 deg C when the boiler (ideal, classic slimline) is on max setting. (should be about 82 deg C)

Disconnected the limit sensor from the flow pipe within the boiler and also the overheat thermostat from the heat exchanger but these didnt make any difference. Have ordered a new thermostat and acb as unable to test the resistance of the thermostat.

What other issues could cause the boiler to not give the required temperatures if it is not the thermistor or acb??

After speaking to pts they mentioned that it is more often the acb.

Sponsored Links
acb is appliance control board on boilermate 2000. meant to put pcb on boiler.

sorry for confusion. :confused:

Sponsored Links
By disconnecting the overheat stat you were bypassing a safety device proving you were not competent to work on the boiler.
Normally I would start investigating this by checking out the gas rate of the boiler and the working pressures involved which in your case should be done by a gas safe reg person. I'm reluctant to offer you any more advice regarding how to do this.
The good news is that I can tell you about a noted fault on the ACB that is a likely culprit. It's to do with a temperature sensitive component on the ACB that reduces the voltage going to the pump to below 170volts stopping it from working but only when the heat rises within the casing in the area of the pcb
By heating chip to the right of the respective LED with a hairdryer and cooling it with an air duster whilst checking the pump voltage I have proved the fault on several occasions.

Image135.jpg

Hell mate, leave it to an expert. A new 2000 pcb will not cure your boilers low performance, and stop bypassing safety devices. If your boiler will not deliver max temp then a new 2000 pcb will not fix that.

After buying a new pcb board and checking all the wiring it was just because my boiler downstairs was not turned all the way around to max!!!!, after turning it up to 6 (max) and after if heating up for 10 mins the pump went off? it would seem the boiler mate system will keep running and running until it gets up the temp so as i had it setting 4-5 it was not enough to get up to temp and has been running for 8 weeks!!! any way if you get this issue of the main pump just humming and running 24/7 make sure your downstairs boiler is set to max as this cured mine after £400 spent for nothing

After buying a new pcb board and checking all the wiring it was just because my boiler downstairs was not turned all the way around to max!!!!, after turning it up to 6 (max) and after if heating up for 10 mins the pump went off? it would seem the boiler mate system will keep running and running until it gets up the temp so as i had it setting 4-5 it was not enough to get up to temp and has been running for 8 weeks!!! any way if you get this issue of the main pump just humming and running 24/7 make sure your downstairs boiler is set to max as this cured mine after £400 spent for nothing
It took you six years?... Are you paid by the hour?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kind of old news as any (circa 2011) boiler needs to operate at max thermostat setting to satisfy that thermal store requirements.

Another DIYdafty and more to follow :rolleyes: some people think the supplied instructions/manual are just a guide :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back