BoilerMate 2000 Cleansing Update (Pics)

by the way i never swore in the last post, the site bleeped out ball co ck

Sponsored Links
100 Litres in the store, 14 rads and the biggest is a 450 x 1200 K2 3 litres is more than enough.
If you're going by your theory that all you have to do to stop corrosion in a central heating system is add plenty of inhibitor, then you're mistaken.

There is a little more to it than that. :rolleyes:

Put it another way after the boiler change two 500ml bottles of F1 was enough to get 12 drops on a protector test.
Hurrah! Your system was fully protected!

And yet, a Gledhill engineer, possibly hundred of miles away, definitely years beforehand, waved his magic Rotring pen, made your system corrode, and you were powerless to stop it. :D

well go on then since your so nice, if you put inhibitor in and system is correctly installed you should have clean water ,no? but since you had sh@te and muck something somewhere went wrong and like you have already said ,
it,s not just putting inhibitor in and voila,
that comes to my point of you had a leak in syastem and lost the inhibitor , hence no protectin ,
and leak still doing it,s job made the system corrode and dirty,

glad i got that out , take it easy on me know it,s just my humble opinion :oops:

Humble being the operative word, checking your previous posts I can see that you need to ask advice on here from how to check a boiler is modulating to why a basin makes a noise when draining.

Was there a leak in the system? Highly unlikely, was there enough inhibitor added? Yes plenty, was there still loads of corrossion? Yes there was. Why? Christ knows but from my experiance of flushing open vented systems are allways far more heavilly sludged than a sealed system so the assumption that adding plenty of corrossion inhibitor will magically stop corrossion altogether is a tad naive.

Sponsored Links
100 Litres in the store, 14 rads and the biggest is a 450 x 1200 K2 3 litres is more than enough.
If you're going by your theory that all you have to do to stop corrosion in a central heating system is add plenty of inhibitor, then you're mistaken.

There is a little more to it than that. :rolleyes:

Put it another way after the boiler change two 500ml bottles of F1 was enough to get 12 drops on a protector test.
Hurrah! Your system was fully protected!

And yet, a Gledhill engineer, possibly hundred of miles away, definitely years beforehand, waved his magic Rotring pen, made your system corrode, and you were powerless to stop it. :D

Was? Is surely, give me two minutes and I'll check it again. All is well then not one iota of corrossion is currently happening in my heating system :rolleyes: .

You couldn't make it up, although to be fair you are trying your hardest :confused:

Was there a leak in the system? Highly unlikely, was there enough inhibitor added? Yes plenty, was there still loads of corrossion? Yes there was. Why? Christ knows
That I do, my son.

the assumption that adding plenty of corrossion inhibitor will magically stop corrossion altogether is a tad naive.
FYI, the naive will inhibit the Earth.

are you still at school ,??
what would you like to be when you grow up then ,

let me guess a chemical manufacturer, :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back