BoilerMate 2000 Cleansing Update (Pics)

You can overdose on some inhibitors . it causes the water in the system to foam and cause pump noise and can affect circulation

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys, thats it had a final flush, (new F+E Tank due to a little schoolboy error on my part cutting a new tank connector lol) and combined cold feed. Inhibitor added and just waiting on it reaching temp to test the rads.

05022009030.jpg

05022009031.jpg

I hope that picture is a joke - I've rarely see an installation so glaringly wrong. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Ok, rather than slaging and carcasim, why dont you tell me whats so wrong with it then?

What?!

Double what?!

why dont you tell me whats so wrong with it then?
Because it pains me to have to spell it out.

Have you ever installed an F&E cistern (or any cistern) before?
|
|
|---- If so, how could you possibly get it so wrong?
|
|---- If not, did you read the instructions that came with the new cistern?
......|
......|---- If so, why didn't you do what they said?
......|
......|---- If not, then why not?

I have one of these bad boys in my house, they have been described on other forums as sludge buckets and I really cant think of a better description for them.

My one was also running off a Suprima, a four year old SE, system had plenty of inhibitor in it. I chaged the boiler roughly 6 months ago to a 18 Ri ( Worcester were offering £250 cashback) the sludge that came out during the flush was unbelievable.

I really wish I'd went the whole hog and got a 37 or 42 CDi then I could have run the heating at 55 Degrees instead of the 70 degrees it's currently running on ( minimum these things run at).

These things are supposed to be suited to condensing boilers due to thermal layering which is a pure myth, when firing these things up from cold you can get a 35 degree drop across flow and return but once the store is up to temperature you are lucky to get a 10 degree drop.

These things are popular in new build in my opinion due to the fact they are open vented and so don't require the house builder to be constantly popping back to top up the pressure on systems with leaks.

My ones coming out as soon as I've saved up my pennies.

My one....
system had plenty of inhibitor in it.
....the sludge that came out during the flush was unbelievable.
Do you have any rational explanation for these two conflicting claims?

i work mainly with combi,s but this system if i,m right is a OV system,
and so should have a open vent in somewhere :confused:

and no service valve by looks of it :oops:
let softus tell us the rest.

My one....
system had plenty of inhibitor in it.
....the sludge that came out during the flush was unbelievable.
Do you have any rational explanation for these two conflicting claims?

I certainly do, it had three litres of X100 put in just after we moved in as I drained the heating and moved two rads (new house and Wimpeys wanted £200 to change a rad position before the house had even been roughed in).

Gledhill's instructions ask for 1 litre of X100 but the store holds 100 litres and the system has 14 rads so 3 litres was hardly overkill.

I then changed the boiler a few years after and during the flush moucho moucho mundo black sludge came out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back