BoilerMate 2000 Cleansing Update (Pics)

newgas";p="1130766 said:
My one....
system had plenty of inhibitor in it.
....the sludge that came out during the flush was unbelievable.
Do you have any rational explanation for these two conflicting claims?

quote]

even if it had the best inhibitor available , but had a leak it would then have no inhibitor in a very short time ,
am i incorrect in saying this?

Sponsored Links
newgas";p="1130785 said:
My one....

quote]

Possibly,but highly unlikely as we have concrete floors downstairs and all pipework is fed from upstairs behind walls.

even if it had the best inhibitor available , but had a leak it would then have no inhibitor in a very short time ,

Sponsored Links
APHSLTD";p="1130791 said:
My one....

quote]

Possibly,but highly unlikely as we have concrete floors downstairs and all pipework is fed from upstairs behind walls.

that doesn't rule out a leak on system,
only proper way of knowing you still had loads of inhibitor in would be to chem. test it.

[/quote]
Therefore, "plenty", by definition, was not enough.[/quote]

If your going by your theory that all you have to do to stop corrossion in a central heating system is add plenty of inhibitor.

There is a little more to it than that though :rolleyes:

Gledhill's instructions ask for 1 litre of X100 but the store holds 100 litres
Really? Which BM2000 model do you have?

it had three litres of X100 put in
Was that the correct amount

More than enough
And yet, for some reason, not enough to prevent corrosion.

remember overdosing is not a problem
Overdosing is the act of adding too much. You didn't add enough to prevent corrosion.

If your going by your theory that all you have to do to stop corrossion in a central heating system is add plenty of inhibitor.
Nowhere have I stated or implied such a bizarre theory.

There is a little more to it than that though :rolleyes:
I see. Pray tell. Is the secret ingredient the addition of 2 'extra' litres? :rolleyes:

Therefore, "plenty", by definition, was not enough.[/quote]

There is a little more to it than that though :rolleyes:[/quote]

i think youv proved the point why there was so much sh@te come out when flushed, good one ;)

Gledhill's instructions ask for 1 litre of X100 but the store holds 100 litres
Really? Which BM2000 model do you have?

it had three litres of X100 put in
Was that the correct amount

More than enough
And yet, for some reason, not enough to prevent corrosion.

remember overdosing is not a problem
Overdosing is the act of adding too much. You didn't add enough to prevent corrosion.

100 Litres in the store, 14 rads and the biggest is a 450 x 1200 K2 3 litres is more than enough.

Put it another way after the boiler change two 500ml bottles of F1 was enough to get 12 drops on a protector test.

Therefore, "plenty", by definition, was not enough.

There is a little more to it than that though :rolleyes:[/quote]

i think youv proved the point why there was so much sh@te come out when flushed, good one ;)[/quote]

Did I? Prey tell.

well go on then since your so nice, if you put inhibitor in and system is correctly installed you should have clean water ,no? but since you had sh@te and muck something somewhere went wrong and like you have already said ,
it,s not just putting inhibitor in and voila,
that comes to my point of you had a leak in syastem and lost the inhibitor , hence no protectin ,
and leak still doing it,s job made the system corrode and dirty,

glad i got that out , take it easy on me know it,s just my humble opinion :oops:

lol I love the debating.

So. . . Would you agree that no amount of inhibitor will completley stop corrosion permanently in a system?

Does it have less of an effect on systems rotting due to air intake compared to electrostatic corrosion? and thats why thr boilermates are so bad?

With regards to the F+E tank, the one single point you made about the overflow is fine, I agree thats not how it should be, the ballcocks sealed up the same way the cold feed is so Im not concerened at this moment in time about that too much, as I meantioned earlyer I already had to dump the old tankdue to a mistake, because. . . Ive never fitted one before!

Im not claiming to have all the answers, thats why I put post in here and seek advice, and If theres multiple faults I genuinley want to know what they are!

Remember I had a 1yr apprentiship for repairs, Ive never sat and watched someone do anyof this so I learn as I go along!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back