Boilermate 2000 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Boilermate 2000 and an Ideal Classic boiler. When I turned the heating on this winter it was on constantly and the thermostat and timer didn't seem to make any difference. I turn it off at night and when out at work. I had someone look at it the other day who went away to get more info.

I turned it off last night and back on this morning, managed 2 showers and now have no heat or hot water. The led display is not working (it was the other day when looked at) but the green lights are.

Even putting it on emergency hot water and heating doesn't work.

I think it's going to need a new pcb.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Sponsored Links
These are not the simplest of units to diagnose faults on, in its the boilermate. The ideal classic is fairly simple though.
Do you get any noise/vibration from boiler when you are calling for heat or hot water?

I didn't but I'm getting nothing now! Tried the obvious switching it off and back on but nothing now.

Sponsored Links
Hertsboilers, that would explain how it was operating until this morning. Thanks. Would it then go on to crash completely? I did see from what I've read somewhere that it was more than likely the pcb or acb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back