Boilermate II timer set up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new house with a boilermate II thermal store (not sure what make our boiler is though, it says Gloworm?). According to the manuals left for us by the previous owner the system has on demand water for lots of generous hot baths etc. That said, we have a timer in the kitchen which has a switch for both the water and the heating. We have found that, if the water switch is not on then the radiators do not heat up very much. Once everything is switched on it all heats up and works very well. Should the water be switched on all the time????? All the manuals say we should just have a timer for the heating only with nothing for the water (as is on demand) so I am completely confused! Any ideas would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it may be wired wrong. The boilermate 2 comes with a timer on the cylinder (this is for heating only) the nature of how a boilermate works is that it need how water on all the time (24hours).

However some people get annoyed at the pump and boiler coming on for short peroids overnight so I have seen the wiring alters so that a timer controls hot water. This in my opinion is against the nature of a boilermate and costs a lot more in gas usage.

Id be getting someone in the know ( agood heating engineer or a good electrician) to look at it and see exactly whats been wired in and how.

Thanks HarrogateGas. We will put the water on constant (will never hear it over the noisy road outside anyway!) and get someone round to look at it too. Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back