Hive wiring with boilermate II

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_2250.PNG
hi, sorry if this has been covered before but I've searched and not really found an answer.

Firstly I'm not too clued up on heating systems.

Here is a wiring diagram that I have found for my boilermate II boiler but am unsure of how to wire in the hive.

I'm guessing for the heating controls I would have to link out the heating clock and delay timer and wire the 'heating on' terminal to terminal 9 or 10?

I'm not sure about the hot water on and off. Would I need to link out the delay timer and wire the 'hot water off' to terminal 4 and the 'hot water on' to terminal 7?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Tony

Sponsored Links
Only way we fit hives to boilermates is to use a single channel receiver to control the heating wired from the terminals for the room stat.
Trying to fit a dual channel is going to get messy.

Trying to fit a dual channel is going to get messy.
Can you define messy? I have a nest with 2 channels. the boiler mate II has a mechanical clock

Im not actually sure I understand how the hot water even works on this unit (i guess it is heated on the timer regardless of rads due to the room stat), my old house was a simple vented yplan.

If you can shed some light on this it would be appreciated. I would like to control hot water with the NEST too.

Sponsored Links
I know this is a really old thread, but as the [very] unfortunate owner of a Gledhill Boilermate II who has just [successfully] fitted a dual-channel Hive, I thought that I would share my secret:

Apart from live and neutral feeds to the Hive receiver, there are only two N/O connections to the Boilermate to make: hot water and heating. Having disconnected the old [redundant] thermostat wiring, the heating wire goes from the Hive terminal 4 to terminal 10 on the Boilermate... simple! To control the [endless and wasteful] hot water, disconnect the Gledhill store thermostat wire from terminal 4 (a permanent live) on the Boilermate and hard-wire it to terminal 3 on the Hive; you also need to programme the Hive receiver to 'gravity fed' mode (blue light) to ensure that the hot water (store) is on whenever heating is selected. Why? Because otherwise the boiler will not fire and you pump [potentially] cold water from the store around your radiators.

If you have a family who use hot water a lot, then a traditional hot water cylinder or [if you already have one] Gledhill Boilermate are the answer, but if you live alone, or are not big hot water users, then a combination boiler is perfect. How Gledhill got away with selling their horrible contraption is beyond me, and I will ditch it ASAP, but for those who are unfortunate enough to have one, I hope this is useful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back