Boilermate+Magnaclean Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my mate lives in a new build house with a boilermate 2000, the one with the 3 pumps, its only about 4 but the sludge is already making an appearance as usual.

My question is where would be the best place on one of these systems to fit a magnaclean? assuming he can only afford to buy one?

also, I put about 2 bottles of salamander fast cleanse in about 2 months ago and never got a change to get back due to winter season+him being away etc, will I need to redose it then drain it in a week or so to get some sludge out or wold draining it now still help remove alot?

Heating works fine still, just noticed poor water quality when changing a rad for an extension.

thanks
SGM

Sponsored Links
fit magnaclean on return from heating circuit. Once you get sludge in them things is virtually impossible to get it out.

I would always fit the magnaclean on the return to the boiler usually followed by a line strainer. The spirovent dirt seperator is a better product imho. I would add 3 bottles of x800 in the morning, run it for 4hrs then return in the afternoon to flush and inhibit with at least 3 bottles of x100.

If you fit it on the return to the boiler, the boilermate is unprotected from the radiators. :confused: At least if you get muck in a boiler it can be flushed out, the same can't be said for the boilermate.

Sponsored Links
If you fit it on the return to the boiler, the boilermate is unprotected from the radiators. :confused: At least if you get muck in a boiler it can be flushed out, the same can't be said for the boilermate.

good point mickyg, I didn't think of that. But then again I would get rid of the sludge bucket given half a chance and stick a nice megaflo in.

good point mickyg, I didn't think of that. But then again I would get rid of the sludge bucket given half a chance and stick a nice megaflo in.

Suggesting an Unvented to replace a thermal store is like red rag to BigBullShit!

lol, considering the young age of the system, i think Ill take the chances with some filters and flushing just now, rather than suggsting unvented.

I could fit a sprirovent on the return to the boiler and a magnaclean on return from rads :) will have another look to see how much space/pipework there is to actually fit filters atall.

i would personally fit either magnaclean or spirovent on the heating return as it the rads that cause the most amount of sludge and iron oxide not the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back