Boilers mate Will not switch off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boilers mate continually runs, except for switching power off it continually runs the central heating. The separate thermostat is working fine but no matter what I do the boilers mate keeps the heating on. I have tried the little switch insude the clocki on the off position, the timer position and the on position controlled by separate thermostat all keep heating on. My house was like a sauna this morning. Any ideas, of what I have read it looks like it may be the sensors but not sure.

Sponsored Links
Has this situation just started,how long have you had the boiler ? mate :idea:

which BM do you have ?

Sponsored Links
Take it you mean a Gledhill Boiler Mate. If the heating is staying on, the boiler mate is getting a demand from somewhere to run the heating pump. Do you have more than one thermostat for the heating? (upstairs/downstairs) If you do then you may have a problem with a zone vale.

Nope. Sorry, really dont like yhe thing but in the houde when i bought it last year. As far as I know just one thermostat
Usually just keep it on and the thermostat controls the heating and kicks in if needed. I did turn it up the other day till the thermostat tripped then back down and it seems to of continued from then. Thermostat still kicks in and out fine but heating is staying on. Will take thermostat to bits and check with multi-meter tonight but suspect it may be the boiler mate.

Nope. Sorry, really dont like yhe thing but in the houde when i bought it last year. As far as I know just one thermostat
Usually just keep it on and the thermostat controls the heating and kicks in if needed. I did turn it up the other day till the thermostat tripped then back down and it seems to of continued from then. Thermostat still kicks in and out fine but heating is staying on. Will take thermostat to bits and check with multi-meter tonight but suspect it may be the boiler mate.

Nothing wrong with the setup.
Plenty of hot water on tap, simple design and immersion heater if fitted, you will still have hot water if boiler and/ or cylinder fails.

Check inside the boilermate. Isolate the BM before taking the case off! If the PCB display is blank when powered then likely the PCB.
If all three pumps are running and the boiler is firing it will likely be the boilermates PCB as well. Check if there is any demand from external controls first though. PCBs are not cheap for these though so double check.

It is a boiler mate 2000. Which i set to control off room stat and room stat turned right down it always runs and runs all 3 pumps. Also keeps boiler on. Display all lighten up with 3 green lights on and 'ON' on led display.

Thanks for all your help. Seems to have stopped putting the heating on but the water keeps heating when left on and water is far to hot to use.
Will get new board fitted and see how it goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back