Boilers not switching off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have 2 combi boilers operating on a single heating system, controlled by a Hive.

Intermittently, one or other boiler doesn’t switch off when they’re supposed to; should I be looking for a bad connection somewhere?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Need much more info about the controls setup. Is it just one Hive controlling both boilers?

Yes, one hive, both boilers which are Alpha CB24 with the water side out of use.
It’s further complicated by having an input from a Resol controller/iBoost buddy to switch the boilers on to heat if we didn’t get enough hot water from solar during the day. This bit rarely gets used but as a result there’s a box of spaghetti wiring between the hive and boilers.

Unfortunately the installer passed away a couple of years ago but at least I have a folder of useful info such as wiring diagrams.

i wanted to try to get my head around it a bit better and know whether it’s something I can’t fix myself

if we didn’t get enough hot water from solar during the day. This bit rarely gets used but as a result there’s a box of spaghetti wiring between the hive and boilers.
so are you saying you have an Alpha solar smart sytem and Cylinder ?, pics would be best of your set up if possible

Sponsored Links
Thanks; it’s a bespoke solar setup, just the 2 Alpha boilers. Looks like the problem may be with a zone valve, each boiler has one to divert from heating to the hot water cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back