1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Boilers not switching off

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Christiano, 21 May 2021.

1. Christiano

Christiano

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I have 2 combi boilers operating on a single heating system, controlled by a Hive.

Intermittently, one or other boiler doesn’t switch off when they’re supposed to; should I be looking for a bad connection somewhere?

Thanks!

2. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Need much more info about the controls setup. Is it just one Hive controlling both boilers?

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Christiano

Christiano

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, one hive, both boilers which are Alpha CB24 with the water side out of use.
    It’s further complicated by having an input from a Resol controller/iBoost buddy to switch the boilers on to heat if we didn’t get enough hot water from solar during the day. This bit rarely gets used but as a result there’s a box of spaghetti wiring between the hive and boilers.

Unfortunately the installer passed away a couple of years ago but at least I have a folder of useful info such as wiring diagrams.

i wanted to try to get my head around it a bit better and know whether it’s something I can’t fix myself

5. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    so are you saying you have an Alpha solar smart sytem and Cylinder ?, pics would be best of your set up if possible

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. Christiano

Christiano

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks; it’s a bespoke solar setup, just the 2 Alpha boilers. Looks like the problem may be with a zone valve, each boiler has one to divert from heating to the hot water cylinder.