Bolier confusion!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks -- I've got a few problems with my household bolier. Forgive my lack of terminology....

My Pressure releif valve leaks...the pressure guage on the bolier shows 12-15, the relief valve is new. I can not reproduce the problem by doing anything in particular, it just leaks when it feels like it. Even if I isolate the bolier by turning off the main water feed and the valve between the bolier and the pressure tank, it will leak! Some days it will leak a few ml, others it will blow off a couple of litres.

How do I add stuff (antifreeze, de-scaler) to the system? I see no feed to the bolier tank.

I have three zones -- two on the main floor and one upstairs. The living area and upstairs have valves to bleed the zone, but main floor bedroom zone has no valve. Is this normal? How do I bleed this zone?

Sponsored Links
...BUNGHOOLIO,.....You need an interpreter not a plumber/engineer.. Weren`t`you in Jungle Book??? :LOL: :LOL: ( cue moderator)..... :LOL:

your real location and the name of the boiler :?:

12-15 what psi or bar :?:

I'm in Edmonton, Canada.

The only label on the boiler is "Super Hot" by Allied Engineering.

It's 12-15 psi.

Thanks for your reply!

Sponsored Links
He is the great bungholio he needs teepee for his cornholio :confused: :confused:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Best place this post on US Website as boiler things are so different here in UK that its hard for us to give you a proper answer apart from the obvious one that you need a new PRV

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back