Bolier not Filling with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just fitted new radiator so had to top up Glowworm 30 cxi boiler to fill new radiator.

But when I open the filler tap on the bolier no water flows. The water is on in the house and I am 100% sure water is getting to the bolier but not filling up.

Any ideas

Thanks

Craig

Sponsored Links
Theres a problem with the filling valve on these. Sometimes you can get them apart and put them back together, then they work for a while.
My best recommendation is to buy and fit a conventional filling loop for filling the system.

As I recall the replacement valve [if you want to go down that route] is about £30 but even though replacement is a doddle they are as just as likely to go as the last one did.

The better filling loop option will cost about £20 in parts but will take a bit more time to do the work.

Cheers mate.
Any idea where to get a new one or a standard one, as per your suggestions

Screw fix part No, 13806
Cost £7.49

Or any half decent heating suppliers.

Sponsored Links
JonB, they are talking about the built in filling valve within the 30 cxi

JonB said:
Certainly do filling loops!

oh yes but im not sure how many people will feel confident fitting one themselves, although lots of DIYers about :LOL:

timmy74 said:
JonB said:
Certainly do filling loops!

oh yes but im not sure how many people will feel confident fitting one themselves, although lots of DIYers about :LOL:

scarey aint it :)

the intgral filling loops is shyte do as has been said install an external one

(best to get someone to do it for you Hour plus a few bob in parts)

are glowworm range getting any better, all full of plastic still :cry: got offers on local merchants but im not too keen on them myself

Good for the market they aim for. Cheap crap for the people who can't afford a proper boiler :rolleyes:

more comebacks for us guys, all i see round here is baxi 105 he's. they are gunna be like saunier duval 623's round here common as muck :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back