Valliant ecotec plus bolier - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever come across this.

I have filled my Valliant ecotec plus bolier using the 2 valves underneath and the filling loop.
Opened both valves , system filled OK - all good

Problem is , I now have cold water running fine through the taps but when I turn the tap to hot , the flow dries up ! on all taps

I noticed that I had only closed the left hand filling valve on the boiler
When I then closed the right hand one too , the hot water sprung into life !!

Any ideas please ????

Sponsored Links
I dont understand what you are asking.

It seems your boiler is now operating correctly!

Tony

Yes the filling loop/cold feed isolation valve is a divertor type valve you need it closed after filling for hot water to work.

Sponsored Links
Yes the filling loop/cold feed isolation valve is a divertor type valve you need it closed after filling for hot water to work.

as said above the right hand tap when facing side to side puts the flow into the internal filling loop.
when turned to face front (so the word "closed" is visible) it sends the water to the hot taps
the left hand tap allows water out of the filling loop into the C/H circuit

both need to be used to fill the system and turned back afterwards this creates the gap between fresh and inhibitor treated water as required by water regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back