Boller Condensate Drain Location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a condensing boiler in my loft space.
Can the condensate drain pipe pass over the facia board and discharge into the gutter or must it be a closed discharge into a drain or waste or soil pipe please.

Julian Young

Sponsored Links
as long as the gutter is plastic and has a downspout correctly installed and exiting into a gully , then i think your o.k

the condensate needs to go into foul waste ie your soil stack or a foul drain. it cannot go into a gutter that goes into a drain that is for rainwater only.

Thanks for your replies. I believe that the gutter down pipe discharges to a combined soil/rainwater system but I will check this. If this is the case then it appears that condensate discharge into the gutter will be O.K. but if there is a separate rainwater system then it will have to go into the soil pipe (which is not impossible but a lot more work.) Do you think the above is correct please?

Julian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back