Bolt name

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When pulling up a upvc door handle, the door clicks and some bolts move into a fitting to futher lock the door. Does anyone know what the technical name of the bolt is and the fitting in the frame which it locks into ?

Sponsored Links
I’m not quite sure what parts you want but try looking up up UPVC door lock mechanisms and you might find the names of the parts you want. Here’s a couple i found doing a Google search.

B3E1F715-9792-4A7C-B0A7-58797E3A5579.jpeg4CC3FECE-856E-4274-9CFB-B58EA492A779.jpeg

Its usually a combination of hook shaped bolts and shoot bolts.

Blup

When pulling up a upvc door handle, the door clicks and some bolts move into a fitting to futher lock the door. Does anyone know what the technical name of the bolt is and the fitting in the frame which it locks into ?
Multipoint door lock.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. Its a roller cam keep. My cams roll up and down and I'm trying to find an adjustable keep that will push the upvc door about 1-2mm closer to the frame.

Your cams can be adjusted with allen key to tighten or loosen the compression. Theres a line on the face . Facing horizontal is tighter or looser. If gap is top or bottom it might be that frame isnt plumb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back