Bond bricks together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a new boiler fitted, due to the new one being smaller I have been left with a bit of a hole in the outside wall, the guy who fitted the boiler had bricks but they were nothing like the main brick. I have found one extremely similar but best deal I can see is £100 to get 50 bricks delivered, I only need about 12. I got some samples sent out and wondering about getting another couple of samples, then bond them to the face of a normal brick, then get brickie to stick them in, what's the best adhesive to bond together with a clamp?

Sponsored Links
Speak to your brickie, I coulden't find any like mine but when I had a lintel put over my french doors he matched then very well. Often just a case of knowing where to look.

You have to admire just how tight some people can be.

I don't understand what you mean by 'bond to another brick'?

Just get some bricks, chop out the duff bricks and mortar the new matching ones in.

Just as an aside, brick cutting and specials suppliers use a two part epoxy resin product to glue bricks together. They are just hand squeezed together and left to cure on a shelf.

I think by samples , the OP means something like brick slips.
Personally I reckon the OP should find a local reclamation yard and try there. They'd probably sell him a dozen , cheap as chips. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
I think by samples , the OP means something like brick slips.
Personally I reckon the OP should find a local reclamation yard and try there. They'd probably sell him a dozen , cheap as chips. ;) ;)
That means having to get in a vehicle and drive there!

Got a good deal on delivery so now have the bricks, 50 bricks for £45 delivered

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back